The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Any point of me applying to ucl

I got quite rubbish AS grades BCCE in maths, chemistry, economics and computing respectively. I've dropped computing and im going to carry on with the rest of the 3. I wish to apply to chemistry at ucl. I know my grades are actually quite bad, but after a talk my teachers they said they could predict me ABB or possibly AAB, but thats to be confirmed when I return to college. Before you guys say my predicted grades are unreasonable, I could obtain an A in maths quite easily with a resit. For chemistry I got an A in january, but I just managed to mess up my chem exams in summer. Im only 2 ums off a B in econ. I would really appreciate any advice. thanks.
Reply 1
Tbh they want straight a* and a grades
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by zainahmed72
Tbh they want straight a* and a grades

That's not true, for chemistry in any case.

The standard entry for UCL Chem is AAB - BBB so you're not far from the offer grade.
Archaeology wanted ABB
There's no real harm in applying. It's a long shot, but just make sure you use the rest of your applications wisely.

Original post by Captain Darling
Archaeology wanted ABB

Look at OP's subjects and tell me they're applying for archaeology...
Original post by agoetcherian
There's no real harm in applying. It's a long shot, but just make sure you use the rest of your applications wisely.

Look at OP's subjects and tell me they're applying for archaeology...

There's a BSc one as well
You could email the uni department and ask. Shows your keen and will get you the answers you want.

If not think AAB will give you a chance. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending