The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

I'm an international student

Hi am coming from America so I'm hoping for more information like is anyone else coming from abroad, is Freshers week the only meet and greet thing between new students? I'm still waiting to find out where I am living on campus though, I hope I find out soon? I know Freshers has a lot going on at night but is there day activities too? I probably missed plenty so even if I didn't ask anything feel free to give me info you may have about Chester as I am completely willing to learn!
Reply 1
Original post by hublers1
Hi am coming from America so I'm hoping for more information like is anyone else coming from abroad, is Freshers week the only meet and greet thing between new students? I'm still waiting to find out where I am living on campus though, I hope I find out soon? I know Freshers has a lot going on at night but is there day activities too? I probably missed plenty so even if I didn't ask anything feel free to give me info you may have about Chester as I am completely willing to learn!

Hey I am an international student, coming from Ukraine for a Masters course :smile: There is a thread on here about Chester and the uni and there is plenty info on the fresher's (day and night activity) :smile:
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
The guide for new students, which we are sending out later this week, contains all of the details about what is happening during Induction week. Usually this involves introductory sessions for your course(s), learning how to use the computer/library facilities, the Freshers' Fair and meeting the clubs and societies. The Students' Union puts on evening events as well and you can see what they are offering on their Facebook page.

There are also orientation activities specifically for international students to get to know Chester and there's usually a trip to Liverpool during the week as well. As I mentioned, all of these thigns will be confirmed in your induction guide, which you should receive later this week, but if you haven't had anything by next week, contact the International Office
Reply 3
Original post by University of Chester
The guide for new students, which we are sending out later this week, contains all of the details about what is happening during Induction week. Usually this involves introductory sessions for your course(s), learning how to use the computer/library facilities, the Freshers' Fair and meeting the clubs and societies. The Students' Union puts on evening events as well and you can see what they are offering on their Facebook page.

There are also orientation activities specifically for international students to get to know Chester and there's usually a trip to Liverpool during the week as well. As I mentioned, all of these thigns will be confirmed in your induction guide, which you should receive later this week, but if you haven't had anything by next week, contact the International Office

Trip to Liverpool! Sounds wicked! :dance::dance::dance::dance:
Hi i am also an international student coming from Zimbabwe. My place was confirmed this year. Wanted to find out about the uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending