The Student Room Group

Leave next week, have 2 weeks to get ready, work rest of notice, have 3 days... Hmmm,

Hey guys!!

Hopeing for maybe a little bit of direction...
This is the situation.

I am currently a retail manager, who is off to university on the 19th (!). I have given my 1 month notie in at work as of the 15th of this month, so should finish work on the 15th of September...

I live very close to work (for the next 2 days) before I move back in with my mom which will be my home address when not at uni...

My mom lives a LONG way from my place of work. I will be having to travel on a combination of busses and trains which will take around 2.5 hours each way including change times. I work 9-6 every day, so will be up at 6 to get ready, and won't get home until around 8:30 - 9.

I have cash saved up, and the only reason I was going to fulfill this notice was to be able to top it up by around £700...

Work is extremely hard going at the moment with leaving, it's not the easiest of experiences, particularly with this company who are extremely disorganised and unprofessional (I had to chase down my own resignation...) it also does not help that I have previously suffered from glandular fever, which has left me in a situation of where if I overwork myself I become exhausted very quickly.

I can't help thinking that the combination of a difficult situation at work (causing me to lose sleep), moving house twice, getting ready for uni, and traveling to work for 5 hours a day is not the best preparation I could ask for...

I have come to to options...

Work until the 31st and complete this months pay which would leave me with enough cash to do everything I want to, then spend 2 weeks getting into the mindset for uni.

Work until the 15th as planned, have more savings, then go straight to uni.

My workplace I am confident would allow me to find myself cover, and leave on the 31st if I explained everying to them.

What would you do?

Calumn x
Reply 1
I had this scenario last year.

Just leave early

3 days is not enough
Reply 2
Leave early :smile: Three days really isn't enough and you don't want to start uni exhausted and flustered!
Reply 3
You'll be exhausted from all the travelling :frown: definitely leave early, and you don't want to be bone tired or worse, make yourself ill before freshers!

Quick Reply

Latest