The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Law at UCL NO OFFER STILL!

I've got all my other 5 replies from Unis, however I am STILL waiting for UCL to reply back! I have applied in early October and they did not give me an interview or anything. Does this mean that they won't be giving me an offer? I guess not. I just want them to reject me so that I can get on with my other choices! Is anyone else in the same situation??

Scroll to see replies

I'm still waiting on UCL, not Law though. It doesn't mean a rejection, they're just busy, and now everyone is on vacation for a little while. I've been told of a date after which to expect a telephone interview. Get in touch with them. Don't give up.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I never got a UCL interview and they're renowned for being notoriously late with their offers. Also I know some people who got offers after April, so no need to worry!
Reply 3
A friend of mine is in the same position but at LSE. I applied for the same course and got an offer about 2 months ago and he still hasnt heard :biggrin::biggrin:.
Reply 4
Don't think that your the only one in this situation, because I also applied in early October and I am still waiting for UCL. Though If i were you, and in some sense I am since , I'm also waiting, id be prepared for a rejection.

They are extremely slow. I think its rather rude.

Also for people who go on about how busy UCL are, SHUT UP you inconsiderate, thoughtless and naive people. UCL is not the only uni in this country. Nothing gives them the right to be so slow. Oxbridge get everything done in two months (approx), all other universities somehow manage to respond to almost everyone by March so please take your faces out of UCL's arse. People who defend UCL's sluggish performance only reinforce their belief that it is OK to do it.
Reply 5
My boyfriend has yet to hear from UCL, LSE and fckin Durham for Law yet, so count yourself lucky. He has offers from Cambridge (AAB), Warwick (AAAc) and KCL (AAB) however, so he doesn't really care.
Reply 6
should i even bother checking track everyday!
Reply 7
pezz
should i even bother checking track everyday!

Well it won't hurt you. :redface:
Reply 8
Don't think that your the only one in this situation, because I also applied in early October and I am still waiting for UCL. Though If i were you, and in some sense I am since , I'm also waiting, id be prepared for a rejection.

Also for people who go on about how busy UCL are, SHUT UP you inconsiderate, thoughtless and naive people. UCL is not the only uni in this country. Nothing gives them the right to be so slow. Oxbridge get everything done in two months (approx), all other universities somehow manage to respond to almost everyone by March so please take your faces out of UCL's arse. People who defend UCL's sluggish performance only reinforce their belief that it is OK to do it.

I agree, there is no explanation for them taking so long. Other universities seem to be more efficient with admissions. Also, I wish they'd be more polite over the telephone; I make the effort to be.

Having said that, I don't really care anymore how long it takes as long as I get an offer. Imagine waiting this long only to get a rejection in the end! That would be pure evil.

The admissions team consists of five people handling over 3000 applications. The academic staff also have lectures and research to complete, and other faculty responsibilities. I know it is very hard waiting for so long, but realistically UCL does this because they want to give as many offers as possible. The reason UCL's performance is sluggish, as opposed to Oxbridge, is because Oxbridge admissions is handled by almost all of their academic staff; and they receive far fewer application, and they receive them all much earlier. Even for Law, Oxford and Cambridge collectively receive fewer applications than UCL or Bristol. The wait is worth it- I promise!
I still haven't received anything, for Ancient HIstory and Egyptology. I had an interview 4 weeks tommorrow, and they said I should have received an offer by two weeks, but if it got to 4 weeks I should give them a call. So I'll be ringing up tomorrow if nothing comes in the post today. I want an offer only so I can get the whole UCAS thing done and dusted. And surely 3000 applications dealt with by 5 people is a terribly ineffecient way to do things?
Patrick7777
I still haven't received anything, for Ancient HIstory and Egyptology. I had an interview 4 weeks tommorrow, and they said I should have received an offer by two weeks, but if it got to 4 weeks I should give them a call. So I'll be ringing up tomorrow if nothing comes in the post today. I want an offer only so I can get the whole UCAS thing done and dusted. And surely 3000 applications dealt with by 5 people is a terribly ineffecient way to do things?

I have no knowledge of how admissions works for Ancient History, only Law. There is a limit to how much money can be spent handling admissions.
Reply 12
Archo
I agree, there is no explanation for them taking so long. Other universities seem to be more efficient with admissions. Also, I wish they'd be more polite over the telephone; I make the effort to be.

Having said that, I don't really care anymore how long it takes as long as I get an offer. Imagine waiting this long only to get a rejection in the end! That would be pure evil.

couldn't agree more - if i get an offer, i won't care how long its taken {ahem...6 months} but i will be sooooo upset to get a rejection at such a late stage - i had all 5 replies by december and am worried that i haven't done anything yet! apparently ucl do still reject people in april and may.....too cruel!!
Reply 13
I got my rejected today. Why did they have to wait SOOOO long just to reject me?
Reply 14
ditzygirl
couldn't agree more - if i get an offer, i won't care how long its taken {ahem...6 months} but i will be sooooo upset to get a rejection at such a late stage - i had all 5 replies by december and am worried that i haven't done anything yet! apparently ucl do still reject people in april and may.....too cruel!!

What have you applied for ditzygirl?
Reply 15
Unlucky 1984, what you going to do now? Accept Q Mary's or reapply?
Reply 16
Archo
What have you applied for ditzygirl?

law with another legal system - not that it matters, just got rejected!! kinda annoyed coz been waiting soooo long and if i had got rejected in january i wouldn't have minded that much, but the long wait made me really wanna get in!! oh well, good luck 2 u anyway, hope u get in!! :smile:
xxx
Reply 17
I probably will reapply. Plus if I get the grades i am predicted, I would not need to apply to unis such as City.
Reply 18
Alright, best of luck. Make sure you do something useful with your gap year!
Reply 19
Sami C
Alright, best of luck. Make sure you do something useful with your gap year!

Well I intend on learning German and have some work experience at a law firm. I am not sure how useful it will be.

Latest

Trending

Trending