The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

ditzygirl
law with another legal system - not that it matters, just got rejected!! kinda annoyed coz been waiting soooo long and if i had got rejected in january i wouldn't have minded that much, but the long wait made me really wanna get in!! oh well, good luck 2 u anyway, hope u get in!! :smile:
xxx

Aww so sorry to hear of your rejection! I wouldn't worry at all- university really is more about the people and the work. They can be bastards leaving it so late though. Psst.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 21
I didn't apply for Law, I applied for Architecture, and I had my interview almost 8 weeks ago. I still haven't heard anything from them and I find that very appauling. Every time that I check track and find no response from UCL I get quite angry. If it's a rejection at the end of this I will probably flip out. I called them a couple of times to ask whats going on, and asked when I can expect to hear from them, but the lady always answers ''I don't know''. Well why doesn't she?! I'm just thinking, do they sit down and make replies whenever they feel like it?
Reply 22
I feel or felt your guys pain. I had nothing except QMUL for months and months. Then finally Kings came through but I sent admissions a load of extra info, which I should have included before but didn't - stupid of me really - and got my place. anyways at this stage of the game the decisions for them are going to be v.tough. If you still haven't heard then your probably grouped into sets of people with almost exactly the same strength application as you. If theres anything at all that you could send them to help diffrentiate and make yours stand out...DO IT! worked for me when it looked like I was completely screwed so it may work for you guys.

The very best of luck to all though.

Stay cool.

B:cool:
Reply 23
Baadshah
I feel or felt your guys pain. I had nothing except QMUL for months and months. Then finally Kings came through but I sent admissions a load of extra info, which I should have included before but didn't - stupid of me really - and got my place. anyways at this stage of the game the decisions for them are going to be v.tough. If you still haven't heard then your probably grouped into sets of people with almost exactly the same strength application as you. If theres anything at all that you could send them to help diffrentiate and make yours stand out...DO IT! worked for me when it looked like I was completely screwed so it may work for you guys.

Stay cool.

congratulations Baadshah!!! finally!! im so happy for u, well done, u really do deserve it!!
Reply 24
DanBan
congratulations Baadshah!!! finally!! im so happy for u, well done, u really do deserve it!!

cheers Dan,:smile:

I honestly thought I was completely screwed! Like a bolt from above when it did come through. so yay!
Reply 25
pezz
I have just got an e-mail from UCL inviting me to an interview-mixed feelings. Anyone have any tips/advice? most welcome. thanks alot

hi pezz,

i had an interview, and at mine, i was given a series of legal scenarios and asked my opinions, such as, if a man escapes from prison, and in that time, purchases a lottery ticket and happens to win, should he be allowed to keep the money? i was then asked a little about my a level subjects...my interviewer picked put politics and was asking me what i enjoy about it and that was literally it. however, another girl on teh studentroom also got interviewed and she didnt really get any scenarios like mine as such, but rather she was asked about an issue that was in the news regarding abortion. hope that helps...when is it?
Reply 26
I still haven't heard from them and tbh, I think it pretty disgusting. I appreciate that they are a very busy university with loads going on but so too are the other unis I have applied too and they managed to get back to me before the urge to self-harm took over!
Reply 27
samg1702
I still haven't heard from them and tbh, I think it pretty disgusting. I appreciate that they are a very busy university with loads going on but so too are the other unis I have applied too and they managed to get back to me before the urge to self-harm took over!

Heh. Thats funny :smile: I couldn't agree more.
Reply 28
samg1702
before the urge to self-harm took over!

That is funny.
Reply 29
Finally, an offer, now I can put the sharp objects down and move on with my life!
Reply 30
Baadshah

Stay cool.

Hey Baadshah -- what extra info did you send them?? I'm from canada - not sure if the extra wait has anything to do with being my being international, so they can compare with other graduates... but maybe there's something I didn't think to send them??

thanks!
Reply 31
wooT! I have an offer for Law at UCL. I applied for both Law and Law with advanced studies..they said I can pick between the two =D Not really sure what the difference is though
Reply 32
ChoCo^
wooT! I have an offer for Law at UCL. I applied for both Law and Law with advanced studies..they said I can pick between the two =D Not really sure what the difference is though

congrats.....see u there if u end up goin! :biggrin:
Reply 33
tomcoolinguk
Aww so sorry to hear of your rejection! I wouldn't worry at all- university really is more about the people and the work. They can be bastards leaving it so late though. Psst.

thanx :smile: i feel ok about it now - didn't really expect to get in anyway! really happy for everyone who has though!! im sure you are right and have met some great people already at other open days so its all good! yea it was a bit rude leaving it so late but hey, i still havent chosen between the others anyway!! good luck to you in whatever you are doing!! xxx
best75
I've got all my other 5 replies from Unis, however I am STILL waiting for UCL to reply back! I have applied in early October and they did not give me an interview or anything. Does this mean that they won't be giving me an offer? I guess not. I just want them to reject me so that I can get on with my other choices! Is anyone else in the same situation??

I'm in the same boat as you, applied early october, no interview and still no offer/rejection. its frustrating :banghead:
I'm still waiting though not for Law- have a telephone interview shortly after Easter. It's a bit tough but def worth waiting for. Good luck everybody.
Reply 36
I'm still waiting...
I have been waiting a while to. So i am just taking that i am going to get rejected, and get on with life.
Reply 38
Been waiting since november! ..they are taking so long!!
Reply 39
I think they wait for people to reply to their offers, and if anyone rejects UCL they hand over that offer to somebody else on their list.

I say this because I received an email from the admissions tutor asking me to tell them whether I intend to accept the offer or not so that they can give that offer to someone else if I decide to reject it. Ofcourse, this may be because I am a post a-level applicant, so any offer they give me cannot be withdrawn unless it is done so from my side.

If its of any consolation: I will not be accepting the offer from UCL.

Latest

Trending

Trending