Hey found out im in Crawford . any one else in Crawford ?? xx
(edited 11 years ago)
Hey, I'll be your house warden this year :smile:
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
:smile: . how do you work out your room number do you know? CR089022A. do you know what crawfords like? hope its gonna be good :smile: xx
I've been in a few times here and there over the course of the last 2 years (friend was a fresher parent and we in turn became friends with the new intakes). It's a nice place built over 2 houses. Loads of living space (if your room's not big enough) and I like to think I'm pretty easy to get on with :smile:.

The room code is surprisingly straightforward (though goodness knows why the University choose to display it like this to all students). Your room will be room 22.

For future reference, here's the guide I wrote for people on another group:

- The first Letter just means "Scarborough Campus" to differentiate it from all the Hull Campus Halls/Houses. (S)

- The next 2 letters is your accommodation code - if they've told you where you'll be staying it should be easy to figure out (CH = Crawford House)
- The next bit depends on where you live. If you're in Halls, it'll be your Block Letter (A = A Block, D = D Block etc). If you're in a house, it'll be the door number on your street. They put this as some houses like Crawford and Carlton span multiple doors. (Your door will be number 8)

- Finally, the last 3 numbers are you room number.
If you're in halls, it's broken down by floor (1 = Ground Floor, 2 = First Floor, 3 = 2nd Floor and 0 = Basement, if you're in A or F) followed by your 2 letter room number.
If you're not in halls, very often it's just a room number. (So 022)
Ignore the final "A" as it seems to appear on everything.

Oh it'll be good this year. After three years of houseparties/predrinks events there and the lessons learned from them Crawford won't know what's hit it. You should see Games/Music system I've got us for the basement room (large common room) - complete with jack lead for laptops/MP3 players and a Bluetooth system if people want to use their phones with it (Top TV not included though):
IMAG0280.jpg

That and you've still got the nightlife to look forward to...

xx
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
thankyou :smile: looks like its gonna be an amazin year im sure. i hope to think i am easy to get a long with probs quieter than a few people then liven up once i know people :smile: . i know ill be older than a few people probs but will still be good hopefully better than manc met haha xx
Haha, I'm sure you will be. Everybody is in the same boat when you start. If it's any consolation, was a quiet "good boy" when I started my BA here 4 years ago and knew nobody, but knew that if I didn't jump in and say hello to people I wouldn't get very far. So I did and I've never looked back :smile:.

Age is but a number here too. I had someone on my course in their 50s and some people as much as 5 years older in our circle of friends - but she was still one of us. xx
Reply 6
yer age is defo a number aslong as your young at heart haha :smile: . man met werent any good at all none my flat i was in no one spoke to one another or anything was really weird will be better this time seems like it will :smile: . xx
Aww, well traditionally (i.e: over the last few year's worth that we've known) most of the student houses have developed into a "student family" atmosphere - basically you are your own person, but for things like nights out or general events that involve most of you, people tend to do it as a house.

If all else fails, as "Daddy" of the house (if I get the fresher parent position too) you'll always be welcome to knock on my door if anything's up or you just want a bit of company whilst you're getting used to the student life :smile: xx
Reply 8
awww thanks :smile: . sounds good not long to go now !. .love nites out in scarb should be all good xx
Hiiiiii

Can anybody recommend any student accomadtion or university private owned accomadation ?

Im starting in September (3weeks and counting!) the PGCE Early years course and not only need some advice about accomadation but would like to meet some people on the same course !

Hayley

Quick Reply

Latest