The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE still an option?

I kind of messed up my AS! I dont know whether LSE is still an option but heres a breakdown of my results
History A
Maths A (though 69Ums in C2)
Further Maths moduel FP1 A (94 hoefully this will show that C2 was an anomally?)
Economics B ( again messed up unit 1 somehow with a C and unit 2 90 UMS)
English B

For economics and english i missed the A by 1 ums, and am looking to get both remarked. C2 i need to retake as i just cocked up the paper. But im looking to take the whole Further MAths A2 next year after dropping english, so what are my chances? Is it better i apply for something a little less competitive such as Economics and Economics hisoty? And what about UCL and Warwick? Thanks!
Reply 1
Those results seem fine for LSE. I got AABC last year and got an AAA offer from LSE (also same from Warwick). I chose LSE and got A*AA this year so got accepted. I think you should go for it :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Thanks a lot! Making me feel a lot better! What did you apply for then?
Original post by jadzirt
I kind of messed up my AS! I dont know whether LSE is still an option but heres a breakdown of my results
History A
Maths A (though 69Ums in C2)
Further Maths moduel FP1 A (94 hoefully this will show that C2 was an anomally?)
Economics B ( again messed up unit 1 somehow with a C and unit 2 90 UMS)
English B

For economics and english i missed the A by 1 ums, and am looking to get both remarked. C2 i need to retake as i just cocked up the paper. But im looking to take the whole Further MAths A2 next year after dropping english, so what are my chances? Is it better i apply for something a little less competitive such as Economics and Economics hisoty? And what about UCL and Warwick? Thanks!

I got AABB at AS, ended up with an AAA offer and got A*A*A (without any re-sits). Make sure to focus on the personal statement and follow the guidance that they set out. Good luck!
Reply 4
I agree with what meister said. I applied for history and retook one of my economics units cos I got 0/10 by misreading PED for PES haha, and got an A* in economics which was my weakest subject. You could easily end up with 3 A*s potentially, I saw it happen for quite a few people at my school

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending