The Student Room Group

Liverpool A100 Applicants 2013

Thought I'd start a thread because people are asking on the old thread. I think I'll apply here unless I ace the UKCAT, because I feel it would be a wasted option not to play to my strengths. But I really liked the uni and city on the open day. Who else is considering Liverpool?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think I will, I love Liverpool and think it'd be a lovely place to study, I have a good ukcat score but im still going to apply! My only worry is that it'll be quite popular as it doesn't accept ukcats. Do you know anything about the interview process? What other universities are you thinking of applying to? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by 06emorri
I think I will, I love Liverpool and think it'd be a lovely place to study, I have a good ukcat score but im still going to apply! My only worry is that it'll be quite popular as it doesn't accept ukcats. Do you know anything about the interview process? What other universities are you thinking of applying to? :smile:

It's not a multiple mini interview like lancaster it's just a normal panel interview. I'm looking at Manchester, UEA, Nottingham and Newcastle. Going to decide which ones after the UKCAT tomorrow. What was your UKCAT score if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 3
Ah think I may be able to cope with that a bit more! But then again who knows what could happen haha. Sounds like a good combo, I went to medlink at Nottingham and it seemed a great place to study med! Yeah sure and good luck for your ukcat! I got-
vr 650
qr 710
ar 700
da 830
:smile:
Reply 4
Hey everyone. I'm just linking this to the index as the official 2013 thread. Good luck guys! :h:
Hey Guys, im just about to go into Second Year at Liverpool.

Any Questions, give me a shout!

-Tom
Reply 6
I did well in the ukcat so I think it would be stupidt o apply here which is sad becausei really like Liverpool.
What are your GCSE points guys? (where A*/A = 2 and B = 1 including maths, english and science)
Mine comes out as 16/18, is this a good score ?
Reply 8
Original post by EternalDoom
What are your GCSE points guys? (where A*/A = 2 and B = 1 including maths, english and science)
Mine comes out as 16/18, is this a good score ?

Since you already have your achieved grades I think you should be fine.
Original post by myyrh
Since you already have your achieved grades I think you should be fine.

Oh okay thanks :biggrin:

Original post by Hippokrates
I did well in the ukcat so I think it would be stupidt o apply here which is sad becausei really like Liverpool.

You should definitely have a go at applying to the high ukcat unis like King's, Manchester etc, you have a very strong chance of getting in :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm definitely applying here. I didn't get the UKCAT I wanted (got above 600 in 2 section 700+ in AR s, and then 530 in DA, dragging it right the hell down) but I really loved the place at the open day! It'd be my firm choice!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 11
Hey everyone, I think I'll be definitely applying here as well, my UKCAT was higher than average but still not very competitive, but I've heard so many great stories about this place and it really favors my GCSE's (4 A* 6 A), so here goes nothing...

I will also be applying to Lancaster, which I heard have a similar selection criteria to Liverpool just to increase my chances lol...hope my strategy works.:tongue:
Reply 12
Original post by Hippokrates
Thought I'd start a thread because people are asking on the old thread. I think I'll apply here unless I ace the UKCAT, because I feel it would be a wasted option not to play to my strengths. But I really liked the uni and city on the open day. Who else is considering Liverpool?

I guess you won't be applying here any more then since you SMASHED the ukcat?
Original post by SuziieB
Hey everyone, I think I'll be definitely applying here as well, my UKCAT was higher than average but still not very competitive, but I've heard so many great stories about this place and it really favors my GCSE's (4 A* 6 A), so here goes nothing...

I will also be applying to Lancaster, which I heard have a similar selection criteria to Liverpool just to increase my chances lol...hope my strategy works.:tongue:

I might apply here too due to my low ukcat.
I also have the same GCSE's as you :tongue:

Reply 14
Original post by This Honest
I might apply here too due to my low ukcat.
I also have the same GCSE's as you :tongue:

That was actually my main reason at first, but the more I hear about Liverpool, the more I actually tell myself that I would have applied here even with a high UKCAT score..

Where else are you thinking of applying?
I'll be applying to Liverpool & Lancaster for medicine and pre-med at Lancaster too with them not needing UKCAT. Can't really affort to buy books and for the exam fee for UKCAT but i'm not really bothered because both would be firm and insurance if I got offers :biggrin: The PBL aspect is a bonus too.
Reply 16
Original post by asphodel77
I'll be applying to Liverpool & Lancaster for medicine and pre-med at Lancaster too with them not needing UKCAT. Can't really affort to buy books and for the exam fee for UKCAT but i'm not really bothered because both would be firm and insurance if I got offers :biggrin: The PBL aspect is a bonus too.

So you'll just be applying to Liverpool and Lancaster? I swear there are bursaries for the UKCAT, you can apply for the bursaries if you want just to give you more of a choice next year, but they are both AWESOME uni's anyway..:biggrin:

The PBL aspect actually scares me and from what I've heard, PBL questions form a majority of the interview...providing I actually get an interview...:tongue:
Original post by SuziieB
So you'll just be applying to Liverpool and Lancaster? I swear there are bursaries for the UKCAT, you can apply for the bursaries if you want just to give you more of a choice next year, but they are both AWESOME uni's anyway..:biggrin:

The PBL aspect actually scares me and from what I've heard, PBL questions form a majority of the interview...providing I actually get an interview...:tongue:

Don't be worried! Prepare before the interview; draw up a list of pros and cons of PBL and also make a list of any experiences or qualities that reflect PBL and you'll be just fine, easy as pie :biggrin:

To be honest, i've left it too late to consider UKCAT anyways... Even my mum is trying to get me to do it but I don't think I'd give a good enough average to par up against any other applicants. Plus, I live in Liverpool and i've spent a lot of time at the University and I love it :smile:
Will be applying here + Lancaster as a re-sitter :biggrin:

AAB in German (2 UMS off A*, so will hopefully go up once remarked), Chemistry and Biology (20 UMS off A, remark went down so now I'm 24 UMS off an A :sigh:).

My GCSE score comes to a nifty 17/18 (8 A*, 1 A, 1 B, B in English Language) :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by thegodofgod
Will be applying here + Lancaster as a re-sitter :biggrin:

AAB in German (2 UMS off A*, so will hopefully go up once remarked), Chemistry and Biology (20 UMS off A, remark went down so now I'm 24 UMS off an A :sigh:).

My GCSE score comes to a nifty 17/18 (8 A*, 1 A, 1 B, B in English Language) :smile:

Actually, it will be 18/18 since you have 9 A's and A*'s...:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending