The Student Room Group

The ultimate badminton thread

Well, here it is now! You can discuss everything about badminton under here. And if you want to join the badminton lovers society please follow this link :
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=1528

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It’s a very easy and accessible sport lots of population play this sport in free time, thanks for sharing it!
Reply 2
How does ultimate badminton differ from normal badminton?
Reply 3
Anyone here who actually watches pro tournaments/ super series?
Reply 4
Original post by Pinkhead
Anyone here who actually watches pro tournaments/ super series?

I have tickets for the All England Open 2013.. :smile: But other than that I do try and watch as much as I can over the internet as I can't seem to find much coverage on TV. Mind you, I did watch Badminton almost every day during the Olympics.
Reply 5
Original post by IcEmAn911
I have tickets for the All England Open 2013.. :smile: But other than that I do try and watch as much as I can over the internet as I can't seem to find much coverage on TV. Mind you, I did watch Badminton almost every day during the Olympics.

I watch badminton online like the majority of the UK watches football on tv lol.
It's probably one of the reasons why I didn't revise as much as I should have for AS exams :P
How much did the tickets cost? I went to this years one but I only bought the tickets a few days before the event so I assume the 2013 ones must be cheaper right now?
Reply 6
I watch badminton online like the majority of the UK watches football on tv lol.
It's probably one of the reasons why I didn't revise as much as I should have for AS exams :P
How much did the tickets cost? I went to this years one but I only bought the tickets a few days before the event so I assume the 2013 ones must be cheaper right now?

Yeah, it's a shame that there is not enough coverage on TV. I would so love to see Badminton England launch a dedicated tv channel for us :smile:

Tickets cost me around £35 each including booking fees which is for the final but I bought them when they came out on the 25th of June thinking it would be sold out on the day and of course, so I could pick the best section. How much did you pay last year?
Reply 7
Looking forward to the China Masters starting Tuesday! Shame that LCW won't be there, but he's in the Japan Open. Having said that - the Japan Open finals are on Sunday 23rd - coinciding with Lin Dan's wedding, so what's gonna happen?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
ooo that will be interesting to watch :smile:
Reply 9
ooo that will be interesting to watch :smile:

i was also considering getting tickets for the All England Finals Day, but I can't guarantee LCW is there xD. Only joking haha, but I do see there are some good lower-category seats remaining. Sideways view or directly behind a certain players? Hmm.
I've gone off badminton a bit. It hurt to go on over a year long losing run. Even in doubles. I use to be alright in school as well :moon:
Original post by Wawasan
i was also considering getting tickets for the All England Finals Day, but I can't guarantee LCW is there xD. Only joking haha, but I do see there are some good lower-category seats remaining. Sideways view or directly behind a certain players? Hmm.

Either way, I'm sure it'll be a good final *here's to secretly hoping for LCW vs. LD* :biggrin:
Reply 12
Either way, I'm sure it'll be a good final *here's to secretly hoping for LCW vs. LD* :biggrin:

And let's hope LCW doesn't have to retire again due to an injury.:wink:
Reply 13
China Masters was a bit disappointing I thought. WS was the only interesting one with the 17 year old Indian girl beating the Olympic Champion!
Reply 14
China Masters was a bit disappointing I thought. WS was the only interesting one with the 17 year old Indian girl beating the Olympic Champion!

Meh, it was ok. Partly because the household names were away. Although now I think that if LCW and LD aren't at Rio 2016, Chen Long will be a finalist and probably favourite. This also means Wang Yihan draws level with lee Chong wei on most Super Series titles won- both with 10. Wang Yihan still needs the Indian and Singapore Open, and LCW needs the China Masters and China Open. Although I think Wang Yihan is definitely going to accomplish everything - she's still only 24!
Reply 15
Really enjoy playing badminton but could do with improving my smash. For a 6ft 2" man my smash is pathetic. The rest of my game is pretty decent especially my recovery shots.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hey, thought I'd introduce myself on here. I'm an avid player of badminton (less so a watcher) and as I'm sure many of you agree it is the best sport in the world! :ahee:

I like to think I'm not such a bad player, never really played the mixed game, but I have got a mixed match tonight that I will have to impress at. Not thinking it will go well :colonhash:
Original post by SirMasterKey
I've gone off badminton a bit. It hurt to go on over a year long losing run. Even in doubles. I use to be alright in school as well :moon:

Practice and perseverance.
Reply 18
Anyone watched the Japan Open? The final rally between Ponsana and LCW was bloody amazing!
Reply 19
Original post by Mess.
Really enjoy playing badminton but could do with improving my smash. For a 6ft 2" man my smash is pathetic. The rest of my game is pretty decent especially my recovery shots.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Height only helps the angle of the smash, not the power :wink:

Try your hand at skipping. You'll develop your wrists and your forearms which will help with power (as well as calves for better jumping) and it's REALLY good for fitness.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest