Scroll to see replies

Its not to bad for me i only have to go 160 miles
I agree with you guys about meeting new people though should be good
Just need exams out the way now :biggrin:
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Ahh nice! You could always try posting some things like bedding, I think private couriers aren't too expensive if you hunt around...
Original post by MasktheGiraffe
Ahh nice! You could always try posting some things like bedding, I think private couriers aren't too expensive if you hunt around...

Pretty sure i read somewhere that you can order a bedding pack with the room but its probably cheaper to post it
Original post by Tj146517
Its not to bad for me i only have to go 160 miles
I agree with you guys about meeting new people though should be good
Just need exams out the way now :biggrin:

Yeah, should be pretty awesome.
Ugh, ikr. I don't finish exams til the 28th June 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophiestreet
Yeah, should be pretty awesome.
Ugh, ikr. I don't finish exams til the 28th June 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine start today and end on the 23 of june :tongue:
Mine start today and end on the 23 of june :tongue:

Ugh, fun. Good luck today tho! What exam is it??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck to everyone with exams today and over the next few months! Just remember they're not the end of the world if they don't go as well as you were hoping.
Original post by sophiestreet
Ugh, fun. Good luck today tho! What exam is it??

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was calculus (aqa use of maths)
Think it went ok though 😀
It was calculus (aqa use of maths)
Think it went ok though 😀

Sounds thrilling, haha. Awesome!! Glad it was a decent exam. The maths exam I did on Wednesday was an absolute shocker 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just got my offer for accommodation. Im in LAMBTB09A however this wasn't my first choice and it isnt a en-suite. Ive been put on a waiting list for en-suite and was wondering if anyone is in the same position?
Original post by hamzaahmed463
I just got my offer for accommodation. Im in LAMBTB09A however this wasn't my first choice and it isnt a en-suite. Ive been put on a waiting list for en-suite and was wondering if anyone is in the same position?

Yeah exact same thing happened to me.
Reply 51
Just to alert everyone, don't come to P0rtland in Hull. This place is crappy and full of nonsense. Promised to be a student accommodation and only for long-term contract, and after moving in it became a place with people who are mature adults (working), bar attendants, and some residents worked as student ambassador to petrol? act as secuirty guards???Seriously, got massive broke in during christmas since there's no security guard all the time. No improvements and a place full of lies, no wifi,noisy,dirty, smelly... 9/10 people move out within 3 months. Lazy manager who has holidays during working hours, not sorting out problems, and you may not get your deposits back . Just had a friend sent an email to their director to get her deposit as the manager refuses to help. Almost contacted the media to raise awareness of how notorious this place is. You get poor network and don't think of doing work in this place. Sat at the door to check your emails, perhaps. Do your laundry behind the garbage city council gigantic yellow bin x10 align in a straight line. Wash your clothes with the machines shared with the restaurant next door. Not sure what the restaurant washes but probably kitchen wipes, table cover.. and you will have no choice but to put your clothes in the same machine. Expensive laundry fees, 4 quit for drying + washing, bring your own washing 'detergent please. Dont be surprised if you found a barbeque sauce across the floor and in the lift. Chips can be found inside the lift, pizza boxes and Tesco trolleys at fire exits. The highest record of Tesco Trolley in this place was 30? They are the back gate and next to the rubbish dump mountain. Fire authority came to send warnings but surely irresponsible people will not stopping stealing Trolleys at all times.

Don't be faked by the outline of the place, try to visit the kitchens in each floor, a flush of rotten dead shxt sensation is ready to overwhelm you. Unwashed pots, utensils are located anywhere at anytime, just like Mcdonald's. And hey!don't leave anything inside your room including yourself cause the resident/secuirty (interchangeable) has a card to get into your room at anytime! Yes, even at midnight. You are paying 99-120 quit a week and your building is not secured and covered with internet. There's people who don't pay rents for many months and still smiling. Don't consider, I am sure you will regret it for life.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 52
Hi is anyone moving into the courtyard block c
Anyone going to be in 51 Cranbrook Avenue next year?
Reply 54
Original post by King_Chicken
Yeah exact same thing happened to me.

Hey, I was in same position but they got me my first choice after! Hopefully you will get the same!
Original post by cjxmc
Hey, I was in same position but they got me my first choice after! Hopefully you will get the same!

Hey, just to update, i got my first choice also at the courtyard. Hopefully you get your first choices!
Reply 56
Hey, just to update, i got my first choice also at the courtyard. Hopefully you get your first choices!

That's great! which block are you in?
Original post by cjxmc
That's great! which block are you in?

Im in CRTF015A.
Reply 58
Im in CRTF015A.

Cool! I'm in CRTE005A; really nervous as I live about 250 miles away (from down south). Hope the people are nice! (and quiet but I have my doubts)
Original post by cjxmc
Cool! I'm in CRTE005A; really nervous as I live about 250 miles away (from down south). Hope the people are nice! (and quiet but I have my doubts)

250 miles!? Wow. Im 120 miles away from hull. Im excited and nervous too, ive been to the applicant day, everyone seemed friendly and helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest