The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

really ? well it wouldnt hurt to know about it. but i mean every dna replication that has come up in the past i've written what i know (above) and have gotten full marks for it. myabe its just an extra thing.....
Reply 21
Yea I guess...
hmm well ive finished going over unit 1 time for a couple of thread on revision for units 2-5 lol.
Reply 23
The diagram below shows apparatus that can be used to measure the rate of anaerobic respiration in yeast cells. The tube contains a yeast suspension in 1% glucose solution and a redox indicator. The pyrogallol solution absorbs oxygen.

(a) (i) Name one suitable redox indicator which could be used in this experiment.
..........................................................................................................................
(1)
(ii) Give one change you would expect to observe during the experiment as the yeast respires and give a reason for your answer.
Change..............................................................................................................
Reason..............................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................................
(2)
(b) Describe how you could use the apparatus to investigate the effect of temperature on anaerobic respiration of glucose by yeast.
....................................................................................................................................
....................................................................................................................................
(3)
(Total 6 marks)

Diagram is attached, one sec...
suitable redox indicator would be TTC- i dont think you would have to write out its name in full would you ? or wouldnt you ?

When TTC is reduced it forms a red compound called formazans which is insoluble i think. this is because as the yeast is respiring anaerobically glycolysis is taking place at least and hydrogen is being released because of dehydrogenase enzymes

..with the last q i cant think of anything aint revised unit 4 yet...but im pretty sure theres a waterbath involved in there somewhere....
Reply 25
I went to a lot of trouble to get this question for you (attached), so someone better do it!
Reply 26
come on noobs, answer this!
just typind it up in microsoft word :biggrin:
Reply 28
ok
rahmed
ok

See attached took me a long time rahmed i hope your prepared to mark it !. dunno if is right though
Reply 30
Those 2 questions that rahmed has given us - they're not unit 1 right? Because i dont have a clue about either one!
Reply 31
Also, this morning i finished revisiong mitosis - can some people post questions for me to answer on mitosis, thanx in advance

Regards, Asad
Reply 32
asadtamimi
Those 2 questions that rahmed has given us - they're not unit 1 right? Because i dont have a clue about either one!

They are GCSE level.
Reply 33
iceman_jondoe
See attached took me a long time rahmed i hope your prepared to mark it !. dunno if is right though
]

You actually did it! Lol, some people and their passion for biology :p:

i will mark it in a minute
LOL GCSE...joker
Reply 35
answers
Reply 36
(a) State two substances which would be present in a higher concentration in the umbilical vein than in the umbilical artery. (2)

(b) The cavity labelled X contains maternal blood. Suggest why it is an advantage for this blood to be in a cavity rather than in a vessel. (2)

(Total 4 marks)

Don't really need the diagram for this
aint done unit 2 yet lol...but yeah on the other q i got 12 out of 14 :biggrin:
NB not good enough !
Reply 39
Neophyte~
My teacher said you do need to know about it.

Don't worry you definately don't need to put that in - i am 1000% sure. You must however mention DNA Polymerase.

Latest

Trending

Trending