Top 10 most challenging degrees..?

I'd say

1)dentistry & medicine
2)Mathematics
3)physics
4)engineering (all)
5)computer science

...? :colone:

negging is rather sad really...not that it bothers me in the slightest..neg away..
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Economics?
Dentistry and Medicine is not challenging in the same way that Engineering and Mathematics is.

With the latter you get a ton of work, which is exceptionally difficult, you need to use complex forumalas and it can drive you mad. With the former, it's just a ton of work, not particularly difficult, often memory.
Reply 3
Totally subjective thread is totally subjective.

Seriously? This is such a pointless thread. Someone that's not good at maths will obviously find a maths degree challenging, but someone that's incredible at maths might find it pretty easy; likewise, someone really good at thinking in a philosophical manner may be great at philosophy and find it easy, whereas, say, a mathematician, might find it impossible. It's also heavily influenced by your interest in certain topics.
Reply 4
Why've you couple Medicine and Dentistry together? They are 2 seperate degrees with different levels of difficulty.
Reply 5
Computer Science is definitely up there but far more at the higher quality universities, some of the lower quality universities can be a joke at times for Compsci.
Reply 6
Original post by RollandGarros
Dentistry and Medicine is not challenging in the same way that Engineering and Mathematics is.

With the latter you get a ton of work, which is exceptionally difficult, you need to use complex forumalas and it can drive you mad. With the former, it's just a ton of work, not particularly difficult, often memory.

One of the most difficult things I've come across in dentistry is dealing with the patients. Most hate the dentist and don't actually want to be there, and you're there as a 20 year old student on clinics trying to treat them.
1)architecture at a good uni(50-70 hour workloads, no matter how smart you are)
2)medicine/dentistry/pharmacy/engineering/
3)maths, physics, bio, chem
4)languages
Reply 8
and you never even thought of law. despicable..
Depends on the person, tbh.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I might be biased, but engineering is pretty damn hard.
Reply 11
Economics. Game theory can be a PAIN.
And... here we go again. Classic TSR.
Original post by pepeeglesfield
I'd say

1)dentistry & medicine
2)Mathematics
3)physics
4)engineering (all)
5)computer science

...? :colone:

Physics should definitely be there!
Puppetry
Reply 15
Original post by CJ99
Computer Science is definitely up there but far more at the higher quality universities, some of the lower quality universities can be a joke at times for Compsci.

+1.

You can't really count any unis that aren't in the top 20 for compsci, it's more of an advanced IT degree.
Original post by skotch
Totally subjective thread is totally subjective.

Seriously? This is such a pointless thread. Someone that's not good at maths will obviously find a maths degree challenging, but someone that's incredible at maths might find it pretty easy; likewise, someone really good at thinking in a philosophical manner may be great at philosophy and find it easy, whereas, say, a mathematician, might find it impossible. It's also heavily influenced by your interest in certain topics.

^This.

For example, I took Maths, Physics, Psychology and History at AS. Which of those is probably considered "easiest"? Psychology. But I found it hardest, because my brain just don't work like that (in other words, I can't understand people). It's subjective, dependent on each individual person. The only thing that can be determined is what people on average find to be easiest, which is surely synonymous to whatever subject people tend to be best at. How can we separate whether many people finding, say, Mathematics difficult is due to it actually being a hard subject or whether a lot of people are just not very good at it?

"Difficulty" is not an objective thing. And thus people will argue forever and a day about which subject is more difficult than another, more often than not stating that the subject they are studying is more difficult than others, as people like to appear intelligent / moan about their own hardship.
Reply 17
Original post by bhogs001
Economics. Game theory can be a PAIN.

You're not even at university.
Reply 18
physics seems tough
I've never done it, but I have a feeling computer science is very difficult.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending