The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What is occupational therapy like. Is it similar to nursing?
Reply 81
Lol no LaRochelle it isn't. Occupational therapy is a very complex subject to explain as it varies a lot depending on the ot and area they work in but basically its about aiding people to improve their function within sociiety. This can be done physically by ent or enviromental change or mentally by using graded activity to increase confidence and knowledge. Have a read up on it, I find it fascinating.

Thanks. Maddy_93, I'm getting more and more nervous and really hope I get a place or hear soon lol. I live in northampton so that wud be ideal, congrats on thhe offer.
Been invited to interviews at uea and york now! :-D also had acknowledgements from Liverpool, Northumbria and Huddersfield but no proper response from them yet- can't wait to just hear a final decision from them all!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by power82
Does anyone know when universities begin to give out offers for OT, is it usually January time when all the applications are in?

Hii :smile:

i sent my UCAS around october 15th and last week got a reply for an interview at Southbank tomorrow! :colondollar:

so some are quite quick!
Original post by Rosemaryy
Hey I'm also applying to Brunel, South Bank and Canterbury :smile:

Thats great :biggrin: i actually have an interview for southbank tomrrow!!
Reply 85
Original post by RebeccaHillier
Been invited to interviews at uea and york now! :-D also had acknowledgements from Liverpool, Northumbria and Huddersfield but no proper response from them yet- can't wait to just hear a final decision from them all!

Posted from TSR Mobile

How long did it take for york to get back to you? Feels like ages for me, maybe not a good sign :frown:
Original post by Taberner22
How long did it take for york to get back to you? Feels like ages for me, maybe not a good sign :frown:

It took exactly a month! I sent my ucas off on the 12th October, got an acknowledgment from them on the 30th, then an invite to an interview on the 12th November :-) if you've sent it recently though then they might have already filled up this interview date and are waiting for the next lot of applicants to set up the next interview date! I wouldn't worry about it yet :-)
Reply 87

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done that was quick! I really hope to get an interview with York it's my first choice! When is your interview for UEA? I have mine on the 12th December :smile:
Reply 88
have any of you guys got work experience? and do you need it? thanks :smile:
Reply 89
Helllloooo
I am applying through UCAS to study an undergraduate degree in occupational therapy and i am wondering if there is anyone out there that can help me with a few things!!!

In the entry requirements it mentions a science subject, do u need to have one or can u sit equivalce test? I never choose a science subject at school...i currently hold an honours degree in Business Studies but now realise it is not for me and really really want to get on to this course sept 2013.

I am looking at applying to Shellield Hallam,YSJ,Coventry and Cumbria but im still not fully sure on these uni choices yet....could someone please let me know about the science requirement and also what ye think of the uni's im applying for??

Soooooo lost and really wana get it xxx
Reply 90
Original post by ApolloJordie
Thats great :biggrin: i actually have an interview for southbank tomrrow!!

Wow that's good. Hope all went well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i also have interview at york now! :biggrin: very happy! what date is yours? mines 8th december
Original post by Jhandy1
Well done that was quick! I really hope to get an interview with York it's my first choice! When is your interview for UEA? I have mine on the 12th December :smile:

Thank you! Yeah it was quite haha, I'm glad though, can't be doing with all the waiting! Ooh I'm sure you will do! Good luck for it though! When did you send your ucas off? :-). Mine's the 12th too! I picked the afternoon one :-)

Original post by julia-celeste
i also have interview at york now! :biggrin: very happy! what date is yours? mines 8th december

Ooh yay well done!! :-D awh mine's the 5th! I didn't realise they did interviews on saturdays! Quite glad I've got mine on weekdays :biggrin:
I have had acknowledgements from UWE and Oxford Brookes :biggrin: Only sent it off 2 days ago ... Good luck everyone else with interviews :biggrin:
Reply 94
Thank you! Yeah it was quite haha, I'm glad though, can't be doing with all the waiting! Ooh I'm sure you will do! Good luck for it though! When did you send your ucas off? :-). Mine's the 12th too! I picked the afternoon one :-)

Ooh yay well done!! :-D awh mine's the 5th! I didn't realise they did interviews on saturdays! Quite glad I've got mine on weekdays :biggrin:

And me haha looks like we'll be in the same group, do you have any idea what sort of things we'll be doing? And I have an interview for York now! And Worcester to! Soooo happy mines on the 8th so you'll have to give us the low down on how it went! :smile:
Reply 95
Original post by ApolloJordie
Hii :smile:

i sent my UCAS around october 15th and last week got a reply for an interview at Southbank tomorrow! :colondollar:

so some are quite quick!

Thank you! I hope it went really well for you! I have only had emails of conformation for my application from the universities, so the wait continues!
Hey guys! Applied to UWE, Cardiff, Brookes, Liverpool and Queen Margaret Edinburgh. Predicted ABC ( C is for biology which is solid and an extra B in general studies), think these are good enough?. Anyone got interviews from UWE?
Reply 97
Just got an email inviting me to an interview at UEA! :biggrin: I've chosen to go to the 12th December one at 12pm! Has anyone else heard anything? :smile:

Hey,
I too have my interview on the 12th at 12pm :biggrin:
Im excited, nervous... not sure what to expect :/
Reply 98
Original post by Emmabyles
Hey,
I too have my interview on the 12th at 12pm :biggrin:
Im excited, nervous... not sure what to expect :/

Me three :smile: mines on 12th at 12pm
Reply 99
Congratulations on getting interviews everyone!

I got an interview for Salford which I'm really pleased about. 13th December - PM.

I don't know whether or not to apply through UCAS to a couple of other Uni's for full time courses. I have all my eggs in 1 basket at the moment and If I don't get a place I will be gutted!

Latest

Trending

Trending