The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Chemistry 2012-2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Reece:)
One of my friends is doing one on paramagnetism I think, that could be related to physics I guess.. I'm just looking for an easy chemistry one so that I can have a better look at my physics one ...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Good idea! Need physics more than chemistry too.. :P
Reply 21
Original post by Blue7195
Good idea! Need physics more than chemistry too.. :P

I only took chemistry as it was the only thing on the timetable that interests sorta interests me, couldn't care less about it :P I love maths and physics :biggrin:!

Reply 22
I only took chemistry as it was the only thing on the timetable that interests sorta interests me, couldn't care less about it :P I love maths and physics :biggrin:!

Same! At the time i wanted to do chemical engineering.. but have swiftly moved on to aeronautical :P what do you want to do? engineering i take it?
Reply 23
Same! At the time i wanted to do chemical engineering.. but have swiftly moved on to aeronautical :P what do you want to do? engineering i take it?

Ooo, chemical engineering sounds fun :P but chemistry is just blehh! Uhm I want to just study maths :P I'm a huge maths geek as you will probably find out :P

Reply 24
Ooo, chemical engineering sounds fun :P but chemistry is just blehh! Uhm I want to just study maths :P I'm a huge maths geek as you will probably find out :P

i knew i recognised you! from the maths forums after the exam this year? you got over 90% didn't you? :P yeah maths is brilliant i love it! got about 89%-90% in the exam :smile:
Reply 25
i knew i recognised you! from the maths forums after the exam this year? you got over 90% didn't you? :P yeah maths is brilliant i love it! got about 89%-90% in the exam :smile:

Yep hahaha! I think I got about 95 but I'd like to find out exactly, I got a band 1 anyway :P even my teachers don't understand how much I love it haha! Well done :biggrin:! Guessing your doing AH :tongue:?

Reply 26
Yep hahaha! I think I got about 95 but I'd like to find out exactly, I got a band 1 anyway :P even my teachers don't understand how much I love it haha! Well done :biggrin:! Guessing your doing AH :tongue:?

It's such a good subject! Well done! Yeap, even more interesting! Don't even need to ask you by your love of the subject :P
Reply 27
It's such a good subject! Well done! Yeap, even more interesting! Don't even need to ask you by your love of the subject :P

I love the AH course! It goes into so much more detail :biggrin:! We haven't got that far through yet though :frown:! There's 13 in my maths class :O!

Reply 28
I love the AH course! It goes into so much more detail :biggrin:! We haven't got that far through yet though :frown:! There's 13 in my maths class :O!

theres 16 in my class! my physics class only has 4 :P and 2 of them leave for psychology for some periods!
Reply 29
theres 16 in my class! my physics class only has 4 :P and 2 of them leave for psychology for some periods!

Wow! 16 is hugeeee! There was 4 in my physics class then 2 people came from one school and 3 from another so there's now 9! And there's 7 in chemistry:O!

Reply 30
There's 13 in my maths class :O!

Back in the day when I did AHs, we had 32 or so in maths, and 30 in chem. Less for my others:p:
Reply 31
Original post by Slumpy
Back in the day when I did AHs, we had 32 or so in maths, and 30 in chem. Less for my others:p:

Jesus! That's insane! There was 4 people in AH maths last year! And 2 in physics! And 1 in Chem hahaha!

Reply 32
Wow! 16 is hugeeee! There was 4 in my physics class then 2 people came from one school and 3 from another so there's now 9! And there's 7 in chemistry:O!

chemistry was over subscribed in my school, they booted people out if they didn't get an A :P
Reply 33
chemistry was over subscribed in my school, they booted people out if they didn't get an A :P

That's insane haha. There was 1 person in Ah chem last year, my school is like retarded :P

Reply 34
Jesus! That's insane! There was 4 people in AH maths last year! And 2 in physics! And 1 in Chem hahaha!

Sorry, that should've read 32 in my class. The other maths class had about 13 I think. Physics was 20 odd, and mechs 16-7. I didn't realise at the time how unusual this was for a state school!
Right now my favorite is Advanced Highers Physics! I love the unveil of the lies they taught us the year before, like assuming mass was always constant! I'm sure it'll get better.

I was hoping to do a physics type experiment, i find titrations and colorimetry too annoying and too easy to make mistakes on, hopefully i'll get a good idea soon!

If my Physics teacher tells us mass is constant at all this year she's getting a word from me!

Now... Why isn't Mass constant? I kinda wanna know now.

We've not spoken about Investigations. I think I might do something with Soft Drinks..
Reply 36
Original post by Slumpy
Sorry, that should've read 32 in my class. The other maths class had about 13 I think. Physics was 20 odd, and mechs 16-7. I didn't realise at the time how unusual this was for a state school!

We only have Every AH in 1 column.. 13 is like the biggest adv higher weve ever had :L my school does get a lot of bad rep though :/!

Reply 37
Original post by TheFOMaster
If my Physics teacher tells us mass is constant at all this year she's getting a word from me!

Now... Why isn't Mass constant? I kinda wanna know now.

We've not spoken about Investigations. I think I might do something with Soft Drinks..

We're starting with unit 2, the unit I hate most :frown:!

For your chemistry or physics investigation :smile:?

The AH Maths class has 21 people if you include myself in it, Chemistry has 10 and Biology has a very bad gender split with a total of 10 people also.
We're starting with unit 2, the unit I hate most :frown:!

For your chemistry or physics investigation :smile:?

Chemistry, I'm doing Higher Physics this year :smile: Although I hate it. Thought it'd be more Mathsy (Equations of Motions looks a little fun though)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending