The Student Room Group

Birmingham, Glasgow, Dundee or Southampton for Medicine

Helloooo

I am really confused about which university I should apply for 2013 entry!

The courses for all four are really interesting, so that shouldn't be a problem. The problem is the student life.
I am a social and out-going person, but I don't drink or party, and don't wish to do so during uni. :redface:
I am an international student as well. Which school do you think would give me the best 5 years of education!

Thank you!
Why are you trying to pick 1? UCAS allow you to apply for 4 places - you only have to pick one IF you get offers from more than one.
Reply 2
Original post by SunSundae
Helloooo

I am really confused about which university I should apply for 2013 entry!

The courses for all four are really interesting, so that shouldn't be a problem. The problem is the student life.
I am a social and out-going person, but I don't drink or party, and don't wish to do so during uni. :redface:
I am an international student as well. Which school do you think would give me the best 5 years of education!

Thank you!

It's good you like all 4 but you need to think about your stats and match that to your strength (i.e. if you have a high UKCAT score then apply to the one that most favours high UKCAT scores). That would help eliminate some unis, then you can consider student life, campus or city, location and the best course structure for you. Look at other med schools (others you haven't already mentioned) you might like and then pick your best 4 (best 4 that play to your strength) because that's what will give you most chance of an offer. Good luck. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
I am thinking of choosing two out of the four mentioned cause it would only be practical to have two unis as safety nets (my other two choices are Cardiff and Sheffield).

I am starting to like Nottingham as well, because of the intercollegiate degree you get in 5 years while doing the basic MBBS.

YIKES! So many options! I am doing my UKCAT in October.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending