The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Are my grades enough for LSE?

I am aware that GCSES are only a small part of a Uni application, but nevertheless I got 7a*s, 2As and a Distinction in ICT. However, one of the As was in Maths and I want to study Philosophy and Economics at LSE. Would that still be ok? Please give me your advice, whatever it is I am still so proud of myself for my achievements :-).

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my MB860
Reply 1
Bump, need advice asap!

Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
this thread is bizarre considering your most important grades (A levels!!) are yet to be taken. post this again in a years time...
you studying A level maths?
Reply 4
Not that bizarre when GCSEs can have deciding input secondary to your A levels... but yes I am :-)

Reply 5
If you're studying A-level Maths, get an A* and you'll be fine. Or A* prediction going into your A2 year. They won't look at individual subjects, probably take an overview as you just did. 7 A*s and 2 As, which is fab.
Reply 6
I reckon you should be fine as long as you do just as well in your A-levels. Great job on your results!
Original post by LordFishlock
I am aware that GCSES are only a small part of a Uni application, but nevertheless I got 7a*s, 2As and a Distinction in ICT. However, one of the As was in Maths and I want to study Philosophy and Economics at LSE. Would that still be ok? Please give me your advice, whatever it is I am still so proud of myself for my achievements :-).

Well done on your results
but although GCSEs are important
the main focus should be you A levels though with those GCSEs if you get good A2 results i.e A*AA then you should be fine... but A LEVELS ARE MUCH HARDER THAN GCSEs soo just note this
Original post by LordFishlock
Bump, need advice asap!

I got an A in maths gcse, I will be starting maths with economics in a month at lse. BEtter gcses grade than me . Well done lol
Reply 9
Original post by falcon pluse
I got an A in maths gcse, I will be starting maths with economics in a month at lse. BEtter gcses grade than me . Well done lol

Wow thanks, this inspires me quite a bit!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending