The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Schafer House 2012

Hello! Saw a similar thread for 2011 and now not to break the tradition - here is the one for this year :smile:

What club nights tickets are guys getting?

Also, are everyone going to move in on 22nd?

:cyber: If any current students from Schafer are around: How strict are the wardens on guests?
(edited 11 years ago)
I lived here a couple of years ago, there're fine with guests - you're meant to sign them in and stuff, but they'll never know so there's no need really. This applies to pretty much any student halls.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Hello! I will be moving into Schafer this year (probably on the 22nd, yeah)

Haven't looked much at club nights/freshers stuff yet, but I'm thinking Ministry of Sound sounds good? I have no idea, haha. I'm too excited.
Reply 3
I have requested to move in on 21st coz I'll be arriving London on that day. Is there a construction site opposite to the House? Would it be really noisy?
Reply 4
I will be moving in earlier on 20th excited as well :smile:

Also, I visited Schafer house last week:

The construction site is not a problem really as they almost finished - the noise from the traffic is more noticeable.
Seehttp://www.regentsplace.com/development.aspx We are really going to benefit from it as there are new shops in the area now!
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm in Prankerd House but we share facilities with you guys. I'm going to Icebreaker and F*ck me it's freshers.
Reply 6
Wow those new facilities look swish! Yeah I think traffic noise is like that for most central London areas; what canya do eh?

Did you get a look at any nearby parking spaces?
Reply 7
does anyone know whether the house provides wifi? It only says it has internet service available at a fee. Also, would they clean ur bed linen and bath towel if you are not buying from the school?
Original post by bellion023
does anyone know whether the house provides wifi? It only says it has internet service available at a fee. Also, would they clean ur bed linen and bath towel if you are not buying from the school?

according to the induction thingy, part 10
internet is available without any extra charges

"The cost of connection is included in your residence fees. An Ethernet cable is provided in each study bedroom."
Original post by bellion023

and btw im from HK as well :smile:
Reply 10
Does anyone know where there is for parents to park while we are being dropped off (unloading car etc), thanks

Edit: Emailed and found out there is free parking inside the complex for an hour or two.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Hello everyone! I have just moved to Schafer house (Block B) today and its really lovely here but still quite...

The rooms, kitchen, common rooms, etc. are new and clean - loads of power sockets as well!

Looking forward to see you all here people!

P.S. My window overlooks the parking lot so expect to hear banging trance music on your arrival lol
Reply 12
Hi,

coming to Schafer House in January, as an Erasmus student!

Any fresh comments on Schafer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending