The Student Room Group

Fully Comp, drive other cars?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
On my first year, I wasn't covered to drive other cars, and I was 24 then.

Now I'm 25, and I have renewed my insurance cover, they have said I can, but the car will only be insured with 3rd party fire and theft.

I think you have to be 25 and older.
Original post by Kage
On my first year, I wasn't covered to drive other cars, and I was 24 then.

Now I'm 25, and I have renewed my insurance cover, they have said I can, but the car will only be insured with 3rd party fire and theft.

I think you have to be 25 and older.

Why are you still posting even though i have written that its for 25 or older? You should read older posts before you post.
Reply 22
Original post by PataynaRolaay
Why are you still posting even though i have written that its for 25 or older? You should read older posts before you post.

Loads of people do that... and I did read the posts :rolleyes:
I was commenting on my experience too. You posted yours, I posted mine. I was confirming
Original post by Kage
Loads of people do that... and I did read the posts :rolleyes:
I was commenting on my experience too. You posted yours, I posted mine. I was confirming

Oh, no worries then bro.
Reply 24
how did you get that cheap qoute ? i have been trying to get myself insured am 18 passed year ago all my qoutes are coming around about 7k
Original post by Potally_Tissed
A couple of things to bear in mind about it:
1. It only gives you 3rd party cover - that's the absolute minimum you need to drive the car legally. The insurance company wouldn't pay out anything for damage caused to the car you're driving.
2. Sometimes there's a minimum age requirement for it to be valid. That age probably isn't going to be 18, more like 21 or 25.

Pretty sure it's not really meant as a way for young people to drive fast cars sooner :wink:

I agree.
Look into your policy details to check the details.
Original post by fezimalik
how did you get that cheap qoute ? i have been trying to get myself insured am 18 passed year ago all my qoutes are coming around about 7k

Bro, im getting insured for £1414 fully comp with elephant on a yaris 1.0L as main driver., 2 older named drivers. All details correct. My total excess is £150 (so happy with that <<) . I just turned 19 few weeks ago, been passed year and a half. I do all my quotes with confused.com site.

Plus if i ring them up they'l knock off up to 200 quid too! I tried it today.

How come yours are so high? Its probably your area where you live which is why you get high quotes? Message me il help ya out abit
Reply 27
Original post by PataynaRolaay
Bro, im getting insured for £1414 fully comp with elephant on a yaris 1.0L as main driver., 2 older named drivers. All details correct. My total excess is £150 (so happy with that <<) . I just turned 19 few weeks ago, been passed year and a half. I do all my quotes with confused.com site.

Plus if i ring them up they'l knock off up to 200 quid too! I tried it today.

How come yours are so high? Its probably your area where you live which is why you get high quotes? Message me il help ya out abit

thats so cheap. yh its maybe the area i live in. i have 1.2 seat ibiza
cheapest qoute that i got is 3k with the box (1st driver) , i just turned 18 that could be another factor

i added my uncle n my mum. my uncle hes an examiner and hes got 30 yr experience with maximum NCB but am not having any luck. i rang elephant yesterday and they quoted my 8K :0 shocking right !

even if i put myself as 3rd driver am getting the same qoute
Original post by fezimalik
thats so cheap. yh its maybe the area i live in. i have 1.2 seat ibiza
cheapest qoute that i got is 3k with the box (1st driver) , i just turned 18 that could be another factor

i added my uncle n my mum. my uncle hes an examiner and hes got 30 yr experience with maximum NCB but am not having any luck. i rang elephant yesterday and they quoted my 8K :0 shocking right !

even if i put myself as 3rd driver am getting the same qoute

Cant be that high man :/ , just try to get it done in a relatives adress or something? 3k is way too much for a box. With box insurance max you shud be paying is abour 1000 tbh. And still, it dont matter if you just turned 18. Ma mates 17, passed few months ago, he gets quotes like 2200-2500 as main driver on a old corsa. Its all about the area you live in bro. Check it in a different area, and do it like that for the first year.

Ma other mate done his insurance in a different area enit, changed his licence details, v5 adress details to there. he had a crash, and they paid him. Didnt even ask about his address. He even was fronting, and the car was modified but not declared lol. Let me know if you need any pointers bro
I would like to get fully comp insurance on my car but I would like my policy to allow me to drive other vehicle under third party, does anyone know of any company that offer this? I'm 21 btw
Original post by Shajahan-ali
I would like to get fully comp insurance on my car but I would like my policy to allow me to drive other vehicle under third party, does anyone know of any company that offer this? I'm 21 btw

I would start a new thread, you would prob get more responses. Plus I'm sure Tsr aren't fond of people bumping old threads :smile:
Original post by Shajahan-ali

I think swiftcover do but don't quote me on that, otherwise you have to be 25.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending