The Student Room Group

Football Manager Society III

Scroll to see replies

FM14 was driving me insane, stupid defenders leaking goals because they just stand there. Also the attacking constantly giving a 6/10 performance. They're making passes, they're doing stuff, but no one's scoring or getting shots, and there's no highlights or feedback to tell me why.

All I did after this annoyance kept happening was delete all the instructions and set more generic ones, and set the view to a bird's eye one, and I went from losing to West Brom and conceding leads to Crystal Palace to beating Liverpool 8-0...

I think I'm going to restart the game, and set it so there's no transfers in the first window. That win bonus email destroyed my budget enough, then it turned out Arsenal have to be paid £1.5m out of the blue for Van Persie appearances and my budget became minus numbers. Also it seems kinda pointless buying and selling when you don't have anyone scouted and don't know who's better than the reports say.
Currently managing Bayern on FM10, 1st season-will post transfers after Jan window

I can relate :yep:

Currently managing Arsenal on FM14 1st season:

Signed Sven Bender and Valbuena both who have flopped-in with a chance of the title though with 8 games to play.

Cant believe i didnt know there was an FM thread :colonhash:

Possibly is a medical condition but i know ive definitely got it :lol:. Ive played all the FM from early/mid 2000s.

Anyways, i was thinking why dont we create a TSR Football Manager comp this summer? We all choose a random non league or a league at random and clubs are assigned randomly to each person. Obviously others might get amazing clubs but we could add in restrictions on them to even the playing field. Or we could go all out non league style and judge how good we are tactically and such. One of the biggest problems would be finding a time perfect for everyone to play at and of course the lag from different connections would be a problem :lol:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Cant believe i didnt know there was an FM thread :colonhash:

Possibly is a medical condition but i know ive definitely got it :lol:. Ive played all the FM from early/mid 2000s.

Anyways, i was thinking why dont we create a TSR Football Manager comp this summer? We all choose a random non league or a league at random and clubs are assigned randomly to each person. Obviously others might get amazing clubs but we could add in restrictions on them to even the playing field. Or we could go all out non league style and judge how good we are tactically and such. One of the biggest problems would be finding a time perfect for everyone to play at and of course the lag from different connections would be a problem :lol:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could do we've done something similar before (think I was Palace before they went up)
Original post by Danny the Geezer
Could do we've done something similar before (think I was Palace before they went up)

Thats great, has it been done before? And if so, how was it? :biggrin: We really should get it going for this summer, it'll be a good laugh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thats great, has it been done before? And if so, how was it? :biggrin: We really should get it going for this summer, it'll be a good laugh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was busy so had to drop off but if we get enough interest then it should be good, maybe make a thread nearer the time in the Football forum?
I was busy so had to drop off but if we get enough interest then it should be good, maybe make a thread nearer the time in the Football forum?

Yeah no problem. I'm sure a group of 7-8 should be more than enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah no problem. I'm sure a group of 7-8 should be more than enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Should be although I don't own FM15 so if people have FM14 that'd be great if we could play that
Should be although I don't own FM15 so if people have FM14 that'd be great if we could play that

Yeah i was thinking FM14 since i prefer it than FM15. We'll see what the majority would want and then make a decision :biggrin:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
CHAMPIONS! Arsenal 1st season FM14 :king1: :girl:
I got 14 and 15, better in 14 so I don't really mind eitherway.

In the summer when I'm less busy.
Original post by jam277
I got 14 and 15, better in 14 so I don't really mind eitherway.

In the summer when I'm less busy.

Great so thats 3 people so far :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If anyone plays non league try lowstoft in the confrence north, such a fun attacking team.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finally got 10 clean sheets ina row :redface:.

Probably going to start a new Inter Milan save tomorrow.
Original post by Dirtybit
x

Can't seem to respond to your DM, but good to hear you're in :biggrin:.
Can't seem to respond to your DM, but good to hear you're in :biggrin:.

Wait, I thought it was some sort of Draft or something lol?
Original post by Dirtybit
Wait, I thought it was some sort of Draft or something lol?

:rofl: FM the football game? Once we get enough people, we'll choose a lower league or even the PL and people will be randomly assigned a club to manage. I'll post all the information once the time comes closer.
I'd personally just take the German league since it's quite even for the most part.

Quick Reply

Latest