The Student Room Group

Football Manager Society III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
:rofl: FM the football game? Once we get enough people, we'll choose a lower league or even the PL and people will be randomly assigned a club to manage. I'll post all the information once the time comes closer.

Ohh I see, I got it wrong whoops. I don't have FM anymore , nevermind :lol:
Original post by jam277
I'd personally just take the German league since it's quite even for the most part.

Yeah fair enough and no can be Bayern so theres no complaining :lol:

Original post by Dirtybit
Ohh I see, I got it wrong whoops. I don't have FM anymore , nevermind :lol:

DB man :colonhash:

We seem to have drummed up a bit of interest. Should hopefully get the aim of 7-8 people involved or more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would be a good idea tbf, good chance to try out my maverick formations on some fellow users.
What cm are the best to sign that aren't too expensive 10-25m and what cb are the best value for money. Btw these singings are short term so age isn't an issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Danny the Geezer
CHAMPIONS! Arsenal 1st season FM14 :king1: :girl:

What happened at Spurs? :lolwut:

Original post by Dahir123
What cm are the best to sign that aren't too expensive 10-25m and what cb are the best value for money. Btw these singings are short term so age isn't an issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Get Lars Bender.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SirMasterKey
What happened at Spurs? :lolwut:

Get Lars Bender.

Is he the best for that price range and what about cb. Also Di Maria just got injured for the whole season who should I get?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is he the best for that price range and what about cb. Also Di Maria just got injured for the whole season who should I get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What season are you in?

Get andre ayew, 4.4m at the start of the game and leaves on a free at the end of the season he can also play in multiple roles in multiple positions.

He was my only signing for villa and ended the season on a 7.6.

What type on cb and cm do you need?

If you look for specialty defenders that excel in certain stats you can pick them up cheaply and will get very good ratings.
I never pay more than 5m for cb's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Beat Barcelona in the final of the champions league with Roma on Fm14 was so happy. On to the next season now and while I'm saving the game my laptop decides to switch off. Save game corrupted 😩😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nvmthename
What season are you in?

Get andre ayew, 4.4m at the start of the game and leaves on a free at the end of the season he can also play in multiple roles in multiple positions.

He was my only signing for villa and ended the season on a 7.6.

What type on cb and cm do you need?

If you look for specialty defenders that excel in certain stats you can pick them up cheaply and will get very good ratings.
I never pay more than 5m for cb's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm playing the demo loool but I'm looking for a leader. I want a midfield maestro that is a cm and how many stars is Ayew.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jamiesonn
Beat Barcelona in the final of the champions league with Roma on Fm14 was so happy. On to the next season now and while I'm saving the game my laptop decides to switch off. Save game corrupted

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go to the game file.

Right click.

Click on Restore previous versions.
Click the first one.
You might have to go and play some games again but the whole save won't be lost.

I recently had it at the end of my 5th season. Did that and lost the last 12 games. Worked out better for me as this time round I beat Munich in the quarter finals and went on to win the CL 3 years in a row and the whole league season unbeaten. :cool: Still was annoying to play so many games again. :grumble:
I'm playing the demo loool but I'm looking for a leader. I want a midfield maestro that is a cm and how many stars is Ayew.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stars are relative to a few things, dont pay too much attention to them.

For example on fm2014 nathan baker was the best player in the prem for 2 seasons running.

Just because he has great stats for a stopper and i utilized that.

His rating was 2 stars.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nvmthename
Stars are relative to a few things, dont pay too much attention to them.

For example on fm2014 nathan baker was the best player in the prem for 2 seasons running.

Just because he has great stats for a stopper and i utilized that.

His rating was 2 stars.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No way serious I didn't think of it like that but there are always some players I can't sign for some clubs. Khedira always goes to Chelsea and so does Yarmolenko I offered both of them better deals to come United but they didn't. So I signed Volland and Bender. I've got Di Maria out for two months as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No way serious I didn't think of it like that but there are always some players I can't sign for some clubs. Khedira always goes to Chelsea and so does Yarmolenko I offered both of them better deals to come United but they didn't. So I signed Volland and Bender. I've got Di Maria out for two months as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stars are your scouts judgement (a variable.)
Also its a reflection of a players ability compared to the rest of the team (another variable.)

It doesnt count effectiveness, form or how players respond to the orders you give them in whatever system you play.

Its a nice way to get a guideline on players youre scouting that you have no idea about.

The best thing you can do when playing in a league you dont know is go to the transfer window and search based on recommended and potential.
I did this for confrence north and had a very solid squad.

Are you planning on buying this version?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3413

So I'm Inter Milan and I got this guy as soon as he turned 18 from Brazil where he had scored 36 goals in 47 games for Sao Paulo. At the time I joked to myself that I should train him up as a CB because of his good heading, tackling and positioning.

I have Falcao and good enough backups so I loaned him to Udinese for a season (who finished 4th) and to my surprise they played him as a CM where he played 27 games and got 4 goals, 4 assists, 3 PoM's and an average rating of 7.41. Talk about an all rounder.

Now I'm definitely keeping him this season because obviously he is ready and I've just sold a few players so the squad could do with filling out... but I need to be playing him for it to be worthwhile... the question is, where do I play him? I nearly always play with 1 striker but I might have to go to 2 at top so that I can play both him and Falcao as strikers (who has just scored 42 goals last season so obviously still has a bit left in the tank). At the same time, I'm already struggling to fit in all my amazing CMs and AMs (hence why I have James Rodrigues at wing back), so I don't want to lose one to play with another striker. I really don't know what to do atm, but it's a good dilemma to have! Now I know what it feels like to be a Real Madrid manager, help me out :P

Here is my current squad and strongest XI for reference:

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by cBay

So I'm Inter Milan and I got this guy as soon as he turned 18 from Brazil where he had scored 36 goals in 47 games for Sao Paulo. At the time I joked to myself that I should train him up as a CB because of his good heading, tackling and positioning.

I have Falcao and good enough backups so I loaned him to Udinese for a season (who finished 4th) and to my surprise they played him as a CM where he played 27 games and got 4 goals, 4 assists, 3 PoM's and an average rating of 7.41. Talk about an all rounder.

Now I'm definitely keeping him this season because obviously he is ready and I've just sold a few players so the squad could do with filling out... but I need to be playing him for it to be worthwhile... the question is, where do I play him? I nearly always play with 1 striker but I might have to go to 2 at top so that I can play both him and Falcao as strikers (who has just scored 42 goals last season so obviously still has a bit left in the tank). At the same time, I'm already struggling to fit in all my amazing CMs and AMs (hence why I have James Rodrigues at wing back), so I don't want to lose one to play with another striker. I really don't know what to do atm, but it's a good dilemma to have! Now I know what it feels like to be a Real Madrid manager, help me out :P

Here is my current squad and strongest XI for reference:

Play him as utility man or at CB. Problem is that he's a bit slow so I'd personally just use him at CB. Or I'll consider just dropping Falcao and improving his speed attributes. Your teams pretty good though.
Who are the best forwards in the game? Many say that it is Falcao is this true?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Currently managing Fenerbache on CM03/04-won the title/cup in my first season then into the CL. Top after 8 games (8 wins) in the 2nd-screenshots to follow.
Reply 3417
Who are the best forwards in the game? Many say that it is Falcao is this true?

Posted from TSR Mobile

On FM13, Falcao is a beast for me, signed him 34mil when he was like 26/27 and he's scored 30+ goals for me 5 seasons in a row <3

I imagine by FM15 he's a bit injury prone though? I don't have the game as I only buy it every 3 years, but you might wanna look at someone a bit younger like Lacazette, Benteke, Berardi, Vietto, Sturridge etc. who are already decent but probably cheaper than Falcao's and Costa's
Buy a guy called Malcom. Plays for Corinthians. Absolute beast.
Haven't got a screenshot to hand, but this goalie who came through my youth team made it to be England's number one at 18, currently my first choice keeper at 19. He's incredible, over a 50% clean sheet ratio in 40 or so games. Will be the best keeper ever I think.

Quick Reply

Latest