The Student Room Group

Football Manager Society III

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by neillya1
Also Santos is on £400pw so it's not too bad :tongue:
Not bad at all. After all, a scout's a scout. I'm in the habit of having a "head" scout who double-checks any good candidates the others send my way or any who I hand-pick to look at, so having a poor scout like Santos wouldn't be the worst thing in the world as I wouldn't be relying solely on their judgement, but also on the judgement of someone who I trust to be the best scout at the club :smile:
Original post by neillya1
They're just crap :rofl:

Henry is my assistant :sogood: He rejected a contract offer from Newcastle when they tried to poach him :teehee:

Also Santos is on £400pw so it's not too bad :tongue:

Henry? That would be quite a sight to see IRL :holmes:

That's worth it then :wink:

Original post by Dalimyr
Not bad at all. After all, a scout's a scout. I'm in the habit of having a "head" scout who double-checks any good candidates the others send my way or any who I hand-pick to look at, so having a poor scout like Santos wouldn't be the worst thing in the world as I wouldn't be relying solely on their judgement, but also on the judgement of someone who I trust to be the best scout at the club :smile:

I do the same, and a feature that would be nice would be the recognition of a 'chief scout' at your club. Similar to how you would pay first team coachs more than normal coachs, and asst. managers more than the first team coachs etc. I think a chief scout could work similarly, maybe even factor in happiness/morale of staff. :dontknow: /ramble
Reply 42
table 2013.png squad 2012-2013.jpg

Won the league comfortably second season with Newcastle, really wasn't pushed at all :cool:

Lopez when fit, Coloccini and Sigurdsson are absolute monsters.
Barcelona have just bid £80mil+ for Neymar (with no future sell on :angry:) and had it accepted by John Henry. Absolutely gutted! :frown:
Getting so bored with this game, as in I'm unable to stick with a save for longer than an hour. :laugh:

Can anyone recommend any decent saves?
Just got Aguero'd... again.
Original post by Harry Callahan
Getting so bored with this game, as in I'm unable to stick with a save for longer than an hour. :laugh:

Can anyone recommend any decent saves?

Liverpool is the best I've found.
Original post by Aramiss18
Liverpool is the best I've found.

You know, I was just thinking of trying Liverpool. Don't think I've done one with them yet, and it'd be good to build a side that can dominate Europe again.

I'll try them.
John Henry is beginning to p*** me off :angry:
Granted Neymar has now got a £200kp/w contract at Barca and i've replaced him with Hazard for a £40mil profit but he's now accepted a £5mil bid from Barca from my star regen striker! It's really annoying because I never even had the option to offer him a new contract in the hope he accepts that and refuses Barca. Always though I could do that? I tried offering him out to other clubs but he went with Barca, so annoyed :mad:
Come back to a new thread. I am slowly making my way though my long term game starting as Romford FC in Division One North of the Isthmian League, currently sitting pretty in Isthmian League Premier Division. Conference South here we come.

The game has planed to build a new stadium without even telling me, maybe thats something that happens when you add leagues
Right, started a save with Liverpool.

Any tips for players to offload/sign?
Original post by WhatTheFunk
Come back to a new thread. I am slowly making my way though my long term game starting as Romford FC in Division One North of the Isthmian League, currently sitting pretty in Isthmian League Premier Division. Conference South here we come.

The game has planed to build a new stadium without even telling me, maybe thats something that happens when you add leagues

Oh cool, you're still going then? :wink:
Was/is finding suitable players/staff very difficult?
Right, started a save with Liverpool.

Any tips for players to offload/sign?

Initially I signed Andile Jali and a midfielder from Tromso in Norway (i can't exactly remember his name atm). Just play Suarez upfront as a trequartista to begin with and move him to a wing when you sign a striker with better technique.

More long term get rid of the overpaid horse **** like Carroll, Downing, Adam and Henderson (some claim he can actually be good) and look to buy Damiao or Seydou Doumbia (sp?). Some good youth players are coming through like Robinson. But the core of Coates, Skrtel, Lucas, Enrique (game bums him) Gerrard, Johnson and Suarez are good enough for the next 3/4 years.
OK so was completely unaware of the "near post corner exploit" and thought I'd give it a go. Ridiculous!!

5 corner related goals in 3 games. Helps that I have a beast regen with 19 for corners and 16 for technique so delivery is awesome. Fighting the urge to keep the tactic at the moment. Particularly as I was getting ~10 goals a season with Coates at the back post anyway...
Initially I signed Andile Jali and a midfielder from Tromso in Norway (i can't exactly remember his name atm). Just play Suarez upfront as a trequartista to begin with and move him to a wing when you sign a striker with better technique.

More long term get rid of the overpaid horse **** like Carroll, Downing, Adam and Henderson (some claim he can actually be good) and look to buy Damiao or Seydou Doumbia (sp?). Some good youth players are coming through like Robinson. But the core of Coates, Skrtel, Lucas, Enrique (game bums him) Gerrard, Johnson and Suarez are good enough for the next 3/4 years.

Are you thinking of Kara?

Cheers for the advice.
Reply 55
Won the league, got a new owner and still just got £15 million budget :frown:

Anyone recommend any good right wingers/inside forwards I might be able to sign, can't find anyone.
Are you thinking of Kara?

Cheers for the advice.

No, Ruben Yttergård Jenssen. Had to open the game up to find him again. Shouldn't cost much more than £1.4 million.
Original post by boumavilla
Oh cool, you're still going then? :wink:
Was/is finding suitable players/staff very difficult?

Slowly I am
Players are not that hard, you can sign a load of young players and old on free contacts, staff can be annoying. Most good players at that level seems to sign for anyone
No, Ruben Yttergård Jenssen. Had to open the game up to find him again. Shouldn't cost much more than £1.4 million.

Ah, cheers.
I just signed Carlos Fierro in my first season as Swansea. He became an absolute beast on my Arsenal save after I bought him from Real Madrid, so how can I make sure he develops into a top class player at Swansea? Cheers.

Quick Reply

Latest