The Student Room Group

Football Manager Society III

Scroll to see replies

Just started a Malaga career. So far managed to shift on a few players which brought in about £7m. Signed Diarra on a free, Kara for £1m, Vrsalijko for £1m, Vossen for £3.7m, Bertolacci for £1.6m (arriving next year) and ive raided Ajax. I signed Alderweireld for £4.4m and Vertonghen for £8m, which upset Eriksen so he demanded a transfer and I snapped him up for £6.5m. Very productive transfer window tbh. I'm just debating whether to sign Guardado for £6m to add a bit of depth on the left wing.
Original post by Kevmeister
Cheers, gays. Will bid for him and see what Arsenal want. He wouldn't be playing AM, would this be a problem? I just got Ozil, tbf. :colondollar:

:lolwut:

I always played him at RW, so im not sure how he'd perform at AM. I always had Hamsik, Lamela, Hazard or Jovetic to play in the centre. :dontknow:
Reply 82
Cheers, gays. Will bid for him and see what Arsenal want. He wouldn't be playing AM, would this be a problem? I just got Ozil, tbf. :colondollar:

Tbh, Javier Pastore is a far better AM than Ozil. He was one of my cheapest buys(44.5m), excluding young players, and became one of the best players of my team.

I have attached his attributes.
Reply 83

:rofl: I'm guessing a case of auto-correct or he's turning in to André Santos :teehee:

Original post by raheem94
Tbh, Javier Pastore is a far better AM than Ozil. He was one of my cheapest buys(44.5m), excluding young players, and became one of the best players of my team.

£44.5m was one of your cheapest buys? :lolwut:

i play him on the right wing most of the times, in the centre once in a blue moon and even there he does ok, his performances massively outweigh his stats for some reason, maybe because i worked his composure to the extent that it got to 17 (i forgot to swap the individual training to somewhere else after it got to a good standard:colondollar:)

And someones been spending too much time with Andre Santos :wink:
Reply 85
Original post by neillya1

£44.5m was one of your cheapest buys? :lolwut:

Cheapest buys when i exclude the young players(the wonderkids) bought.

I have attached my transfer history.

Carlos Tevez was unsettled, so i didn't paid anything directly but in clauses such as league goals. Though total paid did amount to around 40m.

Mats Hummels was a steal :wink:

Neymar took 2-3 years to become one of the best players of the team.

Eden Hazard didn't have the impact i expected but was still a good player.

Bale was good.

Pastore exceeded expectations and arguably became the best player of my team. Ronaldo was usually injured, he took a few long term injuries and his attributes decreased very quickly so handed the best player tag to Pastore.

Aguero was also one of the best players of the team.

Phil Jones was good.

Carlos Tevez was unsettled, so i didn't paid anything directly but in clauses such as league goals. Though total paid did amount to around 40m.

Bale was good.

Pastore exceeded expectations and arguably became the best player of my team. Ronaldo was usually injured, he took a few long term injuries and his attributes decreased very quickly so handed the best player tag to Pastore.

Phil Jones was good.

That's ridiculous, i know you're R.Madrid but still. You could always unsettle players by admiring in the press, if they react good praise again the next month, then when the time is right declare interest and if they react positively make a bid, if their club rejects it, the player usually becomes unhappy and they accept a smaller fee. managed to get hazard for £17.5m using this method :wink:
Reply 87
Original post by TheEssence
That's ridiculous, i know you're R.Madrid but still. You could always unsettle players by admiring in the press, if they react good praise again the next month, then when the time is right declare interest and if they react positively make a bid, if their club rejects it, the player usually becomes unhappy and they accept a smaller fee. managed to get hazard for £17.5m using this method :wink:

I do admire them in the press but still it doesn't always succeeds. Also sometimes i get too tempted to buy a player, IIRC Hazard played a friendly against me in the pre-season and was outstanding in it, then i just clinched him in the same transfer window. I was happy that i got him for 70m, didn't had to pay >100m which i paid for Aguero(170m), Neymar(120m) and Bale(120m).

I am Real Madrid but the trouble is that by being Real you can never buy Messi :sad:, i have made 300m offers for him and got them accepted but the player is just refusing to negotiate. Even Gotze was unwilling to negotiate a contract.
Reply 88
:lolwut: you must be utterly terrible at the game if players were costing you that price or if you couldn't find someone better for cheaper!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 89
Original post by Mess.
:lolwut: you must be utterly terrible at the game if players were costing you that price or if you couldn't find someone better for cheaper!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I am not terrible at the game :tongue: but when i had some transfer target in mind and had the funds then i used to try everything to buy him. Also it is difficult to buy players from some teams, like Man City are already very rich so taking Aguero from them wasn't easy so i had to pay 170m. Though i pay more in installments, not directly.

Also i had bought loads of regens and was receiving close to 100m in loan fees which helped to finance the deals.

Actually it was more about having a galactico squad, i had 5 world class strikers(Neymar, Aguero, Higuan, Tevez, Benzema) and a few wonderkid strikers but still i wasn't willing to sell any of them. Benzema was my 5th choice striker, i received offer from Man City and i continuously increased the offer, they even offered 80m straight for him but i rejected it.

Ozil 'only' cost me £32m, tbf. PSG wanted £50m for Pastore, and I didn't have that sort of money available.
Reply 91
Ozil 'only' cost me £32m, tbf. PSG wanted £50m for Pastore, and I didn't have that sort of money available.

I see, was just suggesting, i don't see many people here mentioning Pastore he was a beast in my game, twice the player of Ozil.
I see, was just suggesting, i don't see many people here mentioning Pastore he was a beast in my game, twice the player of Ozil.

He was mentioned quite a lot before 12, its just that with him at PSG its a lot harder to get him - I have him on my shortlist, just in case he becomes available, but I couldn't let City sign Ozil..... :wink:
Reply 93
He was mentioned quite a lot before 12, its just that with him at PSG its a lot harder to get him - I have him on my shortlist, just in case he becomes available, but I couldn't let City sign Ozil..... :wink:

It comes down to fund, i was surprised to get him for such a price given my track record of breaking transfer records.

Though i understand that you don't need all top players to win games and it gives chance to play your young players. I used to use Spain(i was the manager) matches to give chance to my wonderkid Spanish players and they used to perform brilliantly.
Everyone plays differently, but i much prefer scouting hard for wonderkids and incorporating them into my team. One thing i find hard though is finding a balance, a lot of mine peak too early!
Reply 95

Bale was good.

Phil Jones was good.

$120m for Bale in 2012? Sure you've not been using the editor? :wink:

My highest fee ever paid was £44m for Neymar as Arsenal in the first season. My entire starting XI which just won the league, FA cup, league cup and champions league cost me ~£18m
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 96
Original post by TheEssence
Everyone plays differently, but i much prefer scouting hard for wonderkids and incorporating them into my team. One thing i find hard though is finding a balance, a lot of mine peak too early!

I also scout hard(have tried to get all the best scouts) to find wonderkids but i also go with the galacticos policy, so i end up loaning out the wonderkids and getting big loan fees for them.
Reply 97
Original post by neillya1
$120m for Bale in 2012? Sure you've not been using the editor? :wink:

My highest fee ever paid was £44m for Neymar as Arsenal in the first season. My entire starting XI which just won the league, FA cup, league cup and champions league cost me ~£18m

I won the olympics with team GB, i picked Bale for it, so may be i was impressed by his performance in the olympics that made him one of my top transfer targets.

I have never used the editor, it will take away the fun of playing it.

You are Arsenal, i managed Real, so the clubs don't agree with a low fee they know the funds i have :wink:

Tbh, you don't need a great squad to win silverware, i won the euro 2016 with Spain, and the squad was really not that great, many of the star players were injured for the tournament some of them were too old but Llorente guided my side to glory.
I also scout hard(have tried to get all the best scouts) to find wonderkids but i also go with the galacticos policy, so i end up loaning out the wonderkids and getting big loan fees for them.

How did you afford it in the first few years? You looked to be making £200m debt on transfers alone, not to mention wages!
I do buy established players, but I don't stockpile them. My squad is generally around 23 players strong, inc any u-21s that I believe are good enough for the first team.

I have scouts in all the u-20 leagues, looking for the best youth players. I have something like 25 scouts, and they're among the best in the business. Before Ozil, who just came in this summer [2016], the last time I bought a non-regen was 2014.

Quick Reply

Latest