The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by georgeheal
passed on Wednesday in Taunton. with 2 minors. which were both within sight of the test center. it was so close to being ADI first minor free drive. my moments was when examine said strighin on at the roundabout, toward the test center, not having done a movour, thinking i failed. then i looked over at the clock in the car saw the time, then realsied i had a park in a bay

then she said i had passed, i never had been so happy.

How did you even pass GCSE English?
Yes son! Just passed with 9 minors in ludlow
Congratulations everyone, but is there really a need for a thread....
Original post by ikhan94
Congratulations everyone, but is there really a need for a thread....

Wowsers, way to ruin the party! :angry: :biggrin:
Reply 5944
passed today :smile: 1 minor
Merry christmas everyone
Passed my driving test second time with zero minors!!!! 😆😆😆😆 so chuffed! Even though I moved off in gear two instead of gear one the examiner didn't mark me down for it because I told him that I was in the wrong gear and corrected it. I also passed in "rush hour" but there was literally nobody about so it was great. Happy driving everyone!
Wooooooooooooooooop!!! Passed with 4 minors, turned out to be 4th time lucky for me :biggrin:
After failing so many tests before with old instructor I changed instructors and on my second attempt with new instructor I passed last week with only 3 minors😁 Can't remember the minors but I am just extremely happy as I still felt I was never going to pass
So glad I don't ever have to look at another theory or driving test ever again!
When I had my test I had a new examiner. I stalled in front of a bus, clipped a curb and quick shifted from 2nd to 4th, and all those got me minors. Very lucky to have passed. It's alright though, the examiner didn't know the area that I was in and got us lost haha.
After passing 2 years ago, got my first car for Christmas :teehee: She's a white Ford Fiesta :love:
Original post by Martinez96
quick shifted from 2nd to 4th

You got a minor for block changing? I doubt it. Sounds more like you got a bit cocky and went for a block change and the car couldn't handle it tbh. You wont get a minor for skipping a gear if you do it properly.
Original post by itssimplyme
After passing 2 years ago, got my first car for Christmas :teehee: She's a white Ford Fiesta :love:

Whoop! Enjoy her! :biggrin:
Original post by paper_plane
hi i passed my test on monday morning with 7 minors, still has not sunk in yet but i just wanted to know will i have to be at home to sign for my licence when it is delivered or will it just be dropped through the letter box. thanks

Mine came through the letter box about two weeks after passing, I was thinking it was never coming to come, so I was like 'Yipee!' Congrats on the pass by the way.
I passed mine on Wednesday the 6th with only 3 minors ! 1 minor for corner reverse, 1 for skipping show me tell me question and 1 for position.

Im over the moon but insurance is too expensive at the moment. :frown:
Reply 5954
Is it just me or since having a car i've noticed people have the same car as me or lots of people drive 3 door cars hehe. These things i never noticed before.

I passed in Aug got my first car in Sept - Volkswagen UP 2013.

I already want another car, though there is nothing wrong with it working like a champ.

Did anyone bother with Pass Plus? I was going to do it but I only wanted experience on the motorway but I contacted my driving instructor and he took me on spaghetti junction for 2 hours and I was motorway champ hehe.
Original post by Tish
Is it just me or since having a car i've noticed people have the same car as me or lots of people drive 3 door cars hehe. These things i never noticed before.

I already want another car, though there is nothing wrong with it working like a champ.

Did anyone bother with Pass Plus? I was going to do it but I only wanted experience on the motorway but I contacted my driving instructor and he took me on spaghetti junction for 2 hours and I was motorway champ hehe.

Didn't bother to be honest - I had to drive from Bristol to Eastbourne for a company thing and back and in the 8 hour drive I literally experienced all the things you cover in a Pass Plus scheme :lol: I got the experience and I didn't have to pay £150+
Passed my driving test with 5 minors today
Original post by Tish

Yup, I drive a new shape Fiesta and I see TONNES of them around :lol: Wouldn't have noticed them so much if I hadn't been driving one myself.

I never did Pass Plus. My instructor told me that he did Pass Plus lessons, but said get an insurance quote first as most insurance companies don't take it into consideration these days and that's all it's worth doing it for. If you can then the best idea is to get an experienced driver to go with you on your first motorway drive and guide you through it. Personally I didn't have this option so just had to jump in on my own, but once you've done motorways you realise how simple they are :biggrin: I've been driving for a few years now, and give me a motorway over urban driving any day, much simpler and much more fun!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5958
passed driving test with 2 minors, third attempt ( and had the same strict examiner 3 times ! ).
Passed mine yesterday with 1 minor :biggrin: Still hasn't sunk in, but I can't wait to take my silver fiesta (07 plate) on the open road :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending