The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Took my test on the 29th of March, 4th attempt, 10 minors and ive got my pink licence yay! I really thort i was gonna fail when i was doin my reverse into a bay coz it was unbelievable crappy lol.

Now no more money spent on lessons and tests, more spent on uni outings!
sash37uk
Took my test on the 29th of March, 4th attempt, 10 minors and ive got my pink licence yay! I really thort i was gonna fail when i was doin my reverse into a bay coz it was unbelievable crappy lol.

Now no more money spent on lessons and tests, more spent on uni outings!

Well done, its good to see someone else in the same boat as I was. 4th test and yay. My examiner forgot to do a second manoeure and as he was about to say I passed he remember then made me do a quick bay park and then that was it. PASS
Reply 42
I passed today wiv 3 minors. SOOOOOOOO pleased. :biggrin: It was my first time too.
Love driving but it was so different under pressure. I had no control over my left leg at all. It was shaking so much. My brain was like "This is so easy" and my leg was going "NO it IS NOT!!!":eek:
Luckily i had enough control to do my manouveres.

I was so scared before test cos the clutch had slackened cos of the dual control and i kept stalling:eek: . I hardly ever stall:confused: . My driving instructor had to tighten up a few things so that the biting point was better. Luckily it wasn't my fault but 15mins b4 the test gets u a bit worried.

I had to do an emergency stop... Has any1 else had to? I was speakin to a few friends who have passed and they said its really uncommon now!
Hahaha, my left leg was whacking into the steering column during turn in the road. And it's hardly discreet either. Luckily, my guy was a sweetheart and just joked about it at the end of the test <333
Reply 44
I PASSED TODAYYYY! i got 3 minors!!

it was my 5th time and ive been failed twice for REALLY stupid things so i am just over the moooN

I cant wait to get in my little KA and hit the road!!! yeyy!
Reply 45
coss
I had to do an emergency stop... Has any1 else had to? I was speakin to a few friends who have passed and they said its really uncommon now!

Excuse my ignorance but is that part of the test or was it in response to something that happened on the road.

I passed my test first time last year (manual car) now have my red P's (Provisional licence) now awaiting until I can get my green P's.

Congratulations to all who have passed no matter what attempt it was. Remember what you have been taught when you were learning and the fact that younger drivers have a high risk of being involved in accidents in the first few months of driving so stay safe and be couscous!
Reply 46
It was tested. In britain i heard that it was NOT common for it to be in the test. I didn't mind tho.
I had an emergency stop in my first test, but it's entirely dependent on weather conditions, and whether the road you're using is suitable at that time of day to do an emergency stop. I didn't have one this time round =]
Reply 48
Just Passed my test!! am sososososososos happy you would not believe!! 3rd time, 7 minors!
well done to everyone else!
Reply 49
coss
It was tested. In britain i heard that it was NOT common for it to be in the test. I didn't mind tho.

I had emergency stop in my last two tests.
Reply 50
They do emergency stops in about 1 in 4 tests, so to have to do it twice is quite unlucky!

They used to do them more often but they decided it was bad for the instructors backs/necks to have to do it several times a day.

And yes, in the Bristish test an emergency stop can be part of the test.
Reply 51
Zakatu
They do emergency stops in about 1 in 4 tests, so to have to do it twice is quite unlucky!

They used to do them more often but they decided it was bad for the instructors backs/necks to have to do it several times a day.

And yes, in the Bristish test an emergency stop can be part of the test.

Heh! I really didn't mind! The thing is, the examiner asked me to execute the ES towards the end of my test; I contrued as if I was 'still in the game', i.e. I still hadn't failed and I still had the potential to pass because surely the examiner wouldn't ask you to do the ES had you already failed. Anyhow, in both cases, I was still in the game. :biggrin:
Zakatu
They do emergency stops in about 1 in 4 tests QUOTE]

i was doing some reading and emergency stops are actually given in 1 in 3 tests.
Reply 53
I've had about 20ish lessons so far, but I've never done an emergency stop...? whhhy? Do they only start teaching it close to your test or something?
Reply 54
I did the ES on my sixth lesson. If i was u i would ask your instructor when he/she plans i running you through the motions.
Reply 55
There really is nothing to learn for the ES.....
Reply 56
Ryan
There really is nothing to learn for the ES.....

Exactly. One vital point though: when you stop and secure the car and examiner tells you to move off, make sure you check both blindspots. Many people have failed because of this.
Hey I passed my driving test last week!!!

I got 2 minors and the guy sed im a really gud driver!:p:
I love my new pink license! lol! Much nicer than the green one:biggrin:

But its really frustrating cos im not insured on a car yet:frown: but hey im still on a high!:smile:
Dimez
Exactly. One vital point though: when you stop and secure the car and examiner tells you to move off, make sure you check both blindspots. Many people have failed because of this.

Probably a stupid question but what blind spot is there other than the "look over your right shoulder" one?
Reply 59
Thanks everyone for explaining what an emerency stop is, it certainly isn't part of the Australian DART (P's test).

Latest