Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Ultimate "I passed my driving test!" Thread

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quadruple_twist)
    Probably a stupid question but what blind spot is there other than the "look over your right shoulder" one?
    You might not see a bike or pedesrian coming. They maynot be in the view of your left mirror. I think thats why u have to check both ways. I just do it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quadruple_twist)
    Probably a stupid question but what blind spot is there other than the "look over your right shoulder" one?
    Your left shoulder. People failed for only looking over one of their shoulders; I'm pretty sure they were p*ssed when they found out.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can get an ES, but as has been said, they aren't carried out in every test. You're examiner will give you the spiel at the beginnning about having to do 2 maneovres and maybe an ES. I had 6 tests and had to do an ES in 3 out of 6.

It isn't really that hard, but ideally you do want to have a practice before your test so you know what to expect and don't just jump on the brake! (Need to do clutch and brake.) Also, remember to look before moving off though, as Dimez said. Loads of people stop and in their hurry to move off again don't look. You should do left blindspot, left mirror, internal mirror, right mirror, right blindspot!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got a minor for my emergency stop, but really you just need to run through it in the lesson before your test. An actual emergency stop (when you need to stop) should be pretty instinctive, but just ask your instructor to let you do it a couple of times because you have to get the brakes to kick in in a certain way. My mate failed for doing an emergency rev though, so be careful!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Should you check both blinspots before moving off at any time?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You are probably best checking that with your instructor. I had 2 instructors, the first only ever taught me to check right blind spot. (I got a minor on a test for that.) My second instructor taught both. I think you should really check both. Left can be for cyclists etc, and right for other vehicles. Get your insrtuctor to explain it to you though!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leona)
    Should you check both blinspots before moving off at any time?
    Yeah I got 2 minors for not doing that...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got a minor for not checking the left blindspot whilst moving off in my test too
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smessy)
    Just Passed my test!! am sososososososos happy you would not believe!! 3rd time, 7 minors!
    well done to everyone else!

Congratulations Sophie! Now you can drive me around and drop our friends home, it'll give me a rest anyway, haha!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I passed first time today! 6 minors!!! what a relief
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i passed today, first time, 4 minors. im still finiding it hard to believe.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    i passed last july, first time with 8 minors after 2 months of lessons tho IMO one should have been a major but i'm not complaining!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ooo yes! Me passed this morning first time!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    well done how many minors?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    7. is that ok? or its that quite high?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i passed today. 8 minors. yeah!!!!!!!!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    lol well i got 11
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Near the end of mine, I was wondering why the examiner hadn't marked his sheet - maybe I'd unknowingly done a major - so I didn't think to indicate to go back in the test centre until just before I actually turned, getting my only minor, grr!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    well done. I didn't see my examiner mark things either but i got 3 minors
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    well mine was writing the whole time, it made me think i had failed!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 15, 2014
New on TSR

What is sixth form like?

Share your story!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered learning to drive

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.