The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1
Self-catered accomodation contracts are usually for the whole year (as opposed to catered where you usually have to leave during the Christmas and Easter holidays). so the 3200 would be from September -June
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Think about it...... divide 3200 by 40 weeks.....works out at £80 a week....
far more likely than say £320 a week for a 10 week term!!
How I wish the loan people gave us our loan in one go at the start, then I could have paid all my accomodation out in one go and not had to worry about the money I was spending since I'd know exactly how much was my allowance and not have to guess about my loan. Saying nothing of the cursed overdraft..
Reply 4
guitarromantic
How I wish the loan people gave us our loan in one go at the start, then I could have paid all my accomodation out in one go and not had to worry about the money I was spending since I'd know exactly how much was my allowance and not have to guess about my loan. Saying nothing of the cursed overdraft..

When I was in first year, the loan would come in on the monday and the accomodation bill came in on the Wednesday hence no money left over!! This was good cos I always knew how much money I had (or hadn't)!
Haha, this year, my loan comes in on the 24th and the payment goes out on the 21st.. timing. I went to see them to get them to move the payment forward a few days, luckily.
Reply 6
WAMS
When I was in first year, the loan would come in on the monday and the accomodation bill came in on the Wednesday hence no money left over!! This was good cos I always knew how much money I had (or hadn't)!

hey..can i ask you a few Qs about that loan...pleeease
Reply 7
guitarromantic
Haha, this year, my loan comes in on the 24th and the payment goes out on the 21st.. timing. I went to see them to get them to move the payment forward a few days, luckily.

i guess i'll ask you the same Q. too....
loans...

Latest