Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Ultimate "I failed my driving test!" Thread

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Failed your driving test? Post here so we may gather around to share your sorrow and deliver our commiserations. We're family after all.. right? :knuddel:

(Hopefully this gets rid of the clutter too!)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good idea. I always thought there should be one for passing your test too and i was gonna create one ages ago but there seems to be one now
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cortez)
    Good idea. I always thought there should be one for passing your test too and i was gonna create one ages ago but there seems to be one now
    Heh, about time 'eh? Could you report this post and have it stickied?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid I did pass eventually but it was after a 3-major fail and a 2-major fail and a cancellation (fog)...in the first test I got a major and 4 minors for driving too slowly (wtf?) and in the second I tried to drive through a red light! HIGH FIVE!

At least I failed in style.

xxx
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WokSz)
    I passed first time - the only mistake I made (which the examiner said was not THAT bad, but that I should be careful) was not changing from 4th gear to 5th on the autoroute.
    The Swiss have it easy with driving tests :p:

I failed twice, and in 9 hours I shall pass... yes, I shall...:eek:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    awww Jonathan! I scrolled down there thinking ooh did he do it did he do it...and saw that little sad face! Heartbreaking

Better luck next time
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I failed 3 times.Oh wel. Passed now. It's all about the examiner. The male ones are better at passing you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've failed 3 times so far, takes the piss really and pretty much destroyed what little self confidence I had. 1st time got 5 minors for undue hesitation, 2nd time some idiot was tailgating me at 70 so I changed lane, got a major for 'lane discipline', 3rd time I got done on the same stretch of road for doing my mirror checks too quickly ;_; I've started taking lessons again after a 4 month break and intructor change, but I'm not optimistic about my next test. The funny thing is, I'm fine driving normally, it's just in the tests I lose my head.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just failed my 2nd test today 2 serious and 15 :eek: minors. I thought I drove better than on my first test, but apparently not. Did have a harsh examiner (the 3 other people I know who've had tests with her , she failed too ) but still very, very annoyed.

Third time lucky?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I failed two tests. The first time I just screwed up, the second time the examiner was a moron, third time got the same examiner I had for my first test and passed.

The guy I had for my second test, my instructor had a student take three tests with the guy, first time he failed for a RRC, second time for pulling out in front of a car, third time he stopped for a parked car, the oncoming vehicle stopped and flashed him so he went.

The fourth test the same guy got a different examiner and passed with 2 minors. Bearing in mind he had no lessons between tests 2 - 4, I think it's ripping the piss.

The moral of the story, it doesn't mean a damn thing passing or failing, if you fail it's extremely annoying, but you'll pass one eventually so keep your chin up.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Its not the end of the world if you fail first time
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Pooh I just failed my test today with 1 major and 1 minor (I clipped a door mirror when approaching a junction in a moment of madness, and knew I'd failed then). My instructor said that he hasn't had anyone get as few as 1 minor mistakes for about a year... but it's the majors that count
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I failed today with 1 major (parallel park... the back of my car was sticking out) and 10 minors (heh, cutting it fine, eh?).

Retest soon.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've failed 5 times so far, gt my 6th booked tho. i've failed for all sorts of things.
    Firstly i failed cos i pulled out of my parrallel park to go at it again cos i was gonna hit the curb and the ******** examiner told me id abandoned the manouvre, next test i failed cos i went round a corner on a 60 road too fast, then i failed cos i almost took the back off a mercedes, i went over the top of the roundabout and on this test i got NO MINORS!! thats what pissed me off even more lol. even tho i knew id failed when i hit the roundabout. next test i failed cos a car that was over taking a parked car on the other side of the road stopped to give way to me even tho hed made the decision to pull out and last time i fialed because i was at the line for traffic lights and i stopped cos they turned to red and he failed me for not looking in my mirror that one time. *********! lol. Before you think i'm just a bad driver i rnt, my lessons always go perfectly btu i just et nervous on my tests. Although i have discovered rescue remedy which is meant to be a god send for ne nerves on test day! lol.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    you dont sound like a bad driver thefreemc, just very unlucky! It's very inspiring that you haven't given up! Most people give up driving if they fail 3 times. Good luck for next time!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefreemc)
    I've failed 5 times so far, gt my 6th booked tho. i've failed for all sorts of things.
    Firstly i failed cos i pulled out of my parrallel park to go at it again cos i was gonna hit the curb and the ******** examiner told me id abandoned the manouvre, next test i failed cos i went round a corner on a 60 road too fast, then i failed cos i almost took the back off a mercedes, i went over the top of the roundabout and on this test i got NO MINORS!! thats what pissed me off even more lol. even tho i knew id failed when i hit the roundabout. next test i failed cos a car that was over taking a parked car on the other side of the road stopped to give way to me even tho hed made the decision to pull out and last time i fialed because i was at the line for traffic lights and i stopped cos they turned to red and he failed me for not looking in my mirror that one time. ********s! lol. Before you think i'm just a bad driver i rnt, my lessons always go perfectly btu i just et nervous on my tests. Although i have discovered rescue remedy which is meant to be a god send for ne nerves on test day! lol.
    That should have been a minor. Appeal, I'd say.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girlpants)
    you dont sound like a bad driver thefreemc, just very unlucky! It's very inspiring that you haven't given up! Most people give up driving if they fail 3 times. Good luck for next time!
    Cheers, i'm sure i'll do it this time! lol. although i've sed that everytime. haha.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, thats what its all about really, i think i was just lucky on the day!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    thefreemc sounds like he had a harsh examiner on his last test. Keep at it, you'll pass one eventually.
Updated: December 31, 2013
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered learning to drive

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.