The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I failed today. 1st time test. 2 majors 6 minors. The 2 majors happened in the last 5 minutes aswell! I got one for obstruction becuase i stopped to let a car past while doing reverse round corner and then I hit the curb shortly after. I was doing so well. ah never mind :frown:
bloody hell.. there are so many things you can fail for.. i didn't realise!
pumpkin7
bloody hell.. there are so many things you can fail for.. i didn't realise!

One of the most common things being that the examiner just happens to be in a bad mood :rolleyes:
I'm so thankful for this thread.

I'm taking my second test on Wednesday and I'm SO nervous. I failed the first time with something like 4 majors and 6 minors. Wednesday is also my instructor's birthday, and I really don't want my present to him to be a failure! I also feel bad because my parents are paying for all my lessons and tests.

It's great reading other peoples experienes. Thank God I'm not alone!!
Just failed for the second time. 6 minors, 1 major (at the last minute, when I was doing my bay park, I was outside of the bay line). I'm so frustrated and upset with myself. :frown:
i don't understand.. why did i not fail when i hit the curb doing a reverse park?
Reply 166
pumpkin7
i don't understand.. why did i not fail when i hit the curb doing a reverse park?

You're allowed to hit the curb...just not go up it! :rolleyes:
and why didn't i get done for 'abandoning the manouver' when i did hit the curb, and re-tried the manouver?

i guess my examiner was a nice bloke.. plus it was a boiling hot day.
Reply 168
Sophistress
Just failed for the second time. 6 minors, 1 major (at the last minute, when I was doing my bay park, I was outside of the bay line). I'm so frustrated and upset with myself. :frown:

well that shows that you really can pass!! hopefully next time you'll do it. good luck and i hope youv'e booked that next test! dont give up- you'll get there!!

(im still to start the process of taking tests..argh!)
Reply 169
Sophistress
I'm so thankful for this thread.

I'm taking my second test on Wednesday and I'm SO nervous. I failed the first time with something like 4 majors and 6 minors. Wednesday is also my instructor's birthday, and I really don't want my present to him to be a failure! I also feel bad because my parents are paying for all my lessons and tests.

It's great reading other peoples experienes. Thank God I'm not alone!!

My 1st test is on wednesday as well...........hope all goes well for u. Not that nervous yet, i'm just going to pretend the examiner is a new instructor im taking a lesson with and i have to show him what i know....sure i'll be nervous on the day tho.....must remember to take Bachs Rescue Remedy with me.....always does the trick:biggrin:

Good Luck Sophistress:smile:
pumpkin7

pumpkin7
and why didn't i get done for 'abandoning the manouver' when i did hit the curb, and re-tried the manouver?

i guess my examiner was a nice bloke.. plus it was a boiling hot day.

Can I have your examiner please? So far, mine have been ******** who will fail you for smiling at them in the wrong manner.
My friend failed 5 times can anyone beat that?!
Reply 172
yh im sur they can, on another driving forum- someone finally passed on their 13th go- theres probabaly alot of other people. jsut keep going i think.
Reply 173
I've been reading this thread swotting up for my test (1st September) and was wondering at what time everyone took their tests, and whether they reckon it makes a huge amount of difference?

Mines at 8.50 (or thereabouts anyway) and part of me thinks that I'll waste more time crawling in the rush hour traffic, but then again I'm probably more likely to get nervous and screw up as well.

Also there was one post about an stopping for another a car while doing the reverse round the corner and getting a major for obstruction...I thought you were supposed to stop in those circumstances?
i did mine at 10:44 which was a really great time becuase im normally really bad at roundabouts becuase of hesistancy, but the roads were so quiet at that time
Reply 175
I've done all mine at 10.44. My driving instructor told me to try and get either 10.44 or 11.41 when booking because its quieter.

8.40 is going to be quite busy but your lucky because its still in the summer hols so there won't be loads of crazy mums and dangerous kids all over your test route!
Reply 176
Both myself and a college friend both took our tests at 8.40am on a wednesday and both of us passed first time. I thought it was a great time and the schools were in when I took mine. Most school runs were over by the time I was out on the road.
Floozie, whereabouts in Essex do you live? and which test centre did you take your test at? I took my first two at Brentwood and failed them both (1 major for each), but then I got sick of the horrible examiners and impossible tesat routes at Brentwood, so I went to Loughton and passed there on my first attempt. What have your experiences been at your Essex test centre?
Reply 178
A 8.40 test means you have to have a driving lessons before at 7.40! :eek:

Chestnyh Psihov
What have your experiences been at your Essex test centre?

I've taken both mine at the Southend test centre. Which has a pretty low pass rate, not as low as Brentwood though. However, on both my tests out of the 8 people that went out no one passed, which seems slightly ridiculous. Last test I had a relief examiner from somewhere else so I guess he didn't reflect the actual test centre (still failed me though!)

Anyway, I've got my next one on monday so hopefully they'll be nice!
sundance
Also there was one post about an stopping for another a car while doing the reverse round the corner and getting a major for obstruction...I thought you were supposed to stop in those circumstances?

Technically, in your test you're supposed to stop another vehicle comes by, and this applies to all the 4 maneouvres. However, my last examiner (the worst of the lot, I can't believe he hasn't been booted out yet), had me do a parallel park on a very busy, narrow road right opposite a T-junction. This was also very close to a blind corner. I had to keep stopping for ages to let cars go by, and so my maneouvre was screwed up a little bit. He failed me on a slightly less-than-perfect park.
So, unfortunately it would depend on the examiner, as a lot of things do.

Latest

Trending

Trending