The Student Room Group

Why do guys go out clubbing to 'pull'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by py0alb
Fail to prepare and prepare to fail.

If you do it right, you will pull more often than not, and pulling is rarely disappointing, because it leads to sex.

Care to give some advice? :biggrin:
Reply 21
Original post by Guitarded
Care to give some advice? :biggrin:

Yes, here is the number 1 piece of advice.

Get your flirting done during the week, casually find out which girls are going out where, then pick the right nightclub where you know there will be a girl or two there with their mates - who you have already primed and will be excited to see you. All you have to do now is pick the first one you see, and not **** it up by being weird. Just be friendly, chat to her, complement her dress, ask her to dance, make out (this might not even be necessary), then when the time is right invite her back to yours for a last drink and give her a good seeing to.

The very latest you should leave choosing the girl is during the pre-drinks. If you get to the club without knowing who you're going to be taking home, you've really got your work cut out for yourself at this point. I'm not saying its impossible to cold call, put prepared to pre-planned pulling its a mugs game.
(edited 11 years ago)
From a girls perspective, I can always spot the guys who are trying too desperately to pull a mile off and it's a complete turn off. You either have to be subtle about it or put having a good time with your mates then that second. You'll find it's easier to find someone that way.

I usually go out to have good times with my friends more than pull. It's weird because the times where I'm not looking to pull I actually do, and those times I am I don't...
Original post by tillytots
From a girls perspective, I can always spot the guys who are trying too desperately to pull a mile off and it's a complete turn off. You either have to be subtle about it or put having a good time with your mates then that second. You'll find it's easier to find someone that way.

I usually go out to have good times with my friends more than pull. It's weird because the times where I'm not looking to pull I actually do, and those times I am I don't...

I thought that I would try going to a club once on my own...I just stood there, still! I thought I'd say hello to a girl and then nothing. Terrible...I doubt I want to go back to one, she probably hardly heard me anyway.

The type of place I like is a place where you can chat, the last one I was at was in the jungle, a nice club/bar open air. Pretty nice.
Reply 24
Original post by sugar-n-spicexox
what's pulling? :/

The opposite of pushing.

:getmecoat:
Original post by Flyingaround
I thought that I would try going to a club once on my own...I just stood there, still! I thought I'd say hello to a girl and then nothing. Terrible...I doubt I want to go back to one, she probably hardly heard me anyway.

The type of place I like is a place where you can chat, the last one I was at was in the jungle, a nice club/bar open air. Pretty nice.

I don't know whether to cringe or congratulate you at the fact you went to a club on your own!
I don't know whether to cringe or congratulate you at the fact you went to a club on your own!

I don't know whether you meant that in a nice or horrible way.
Reply 27
Pulling is easy, however getting her in your bed is harder. Which is why you need to suggest sex without sounding like a dick. If she makes an excuse, simply move onto the next. I find it's like a game, the hunt it much funner than the actual kill. In addition don't make pulling the only goal of the night, actually have fun.

Anyone telling you looks doesn't count is just an idiot, looks means everything in a club, which is why i pull and one of my mates rarely pulls, and hes not lacking in banter, he just looks like Diags from towie.
Original post by Nizza123
Pulling is easy, however getting her in your bed is harder. Which is why you need to suggest sex without sounding like a dick. If she makes an excuse, simply move onto the next. I find it's like a game, the hunt it much funner than the actual kill. In addition don't make pulling the only goal of the night, actually have fun.

Anyone telling you looks doesn't count is just an idiot, looks means everything in a club, which is why i pull and one of my mates rarely pulls, and hes not lacking in banter, he just looks like Diags from towie.

A slight contradiction here- you've said pulling is easy, yet looks matter. Something being easy is based on the assumption that few would experience difficulty. Then you say looks mean everything. Since good-looking people account for around 10-20 percent of a population, that means a vast majority of guys would struggle pulling, thus rendering your initial statement of "pulling is easy" a self-contradiction

For the last part-Diags from towie is an extreme example. Most normal looking guys, who are confident bordering on arrogant with some sort of " rough edge" about them, who isn't nice/supplicative etc will pull. The more girls you actively seek, the higher your chances. Good looks will help, but if you haven't got the confidence to match it won't work. A girl would much find more attractive an average looking guy with a edgy and confident aura, as opposed to a "nice" good looking guy.
Original post by Flyingaround
I don't know whether you meant that in a nice or horrible way.

Nice, but slightly confused way!
Reply 30
Clubbing is best for the social atmosphere. Pulling comes second. I miss having banter with my mates before a night out at uni, having a couple of beers and making jokes. We don't really play music much, we'd just drink, have a talk and get the beer down us.

Nice, but slightly confused way!

He's got guts. But damn, going to a club without another person must be daunting, I can understand going to a bar or a pub(can just make up the excuse of watching the footie or something :lol:), but a club.
(edited 11 years ago)
Man, I haven't pulled a stranger in probably 3 or more years (I think). No idea why thing's have turned out like this but apparently it's just not possible for me to go up to someone on a dancefloor and just make out with them anymore despite having the 'intention' to pull a lot of the time. Messed up.
Original post by superduper9
Come on lads pull .... to me, to you, to me, to you ...... :tongue:

Jokes aside, the guys above are right! Many do go out to just pull. But like with any venture, success is never guarenteed. If you're on a night out, you'll soon realise that you're surrounded by people your age that are looking for pretty much the same thing - to meet someone. So, its one of the better opportunities to meet a good looking girl and strike up a good conversation, unlike for example on the train or bus when people are trying to get somewhere.

Some misunderstand the whole night out thing and think its simply about finding a girl to sleep with. These foolish people should be directed to the nonsense that is Geordie Shore for further directions on how to proceed.

I disagree. I don't think people go out purposefully to 'meet someone'. More often than not I have noticed and girls have even admitted to me (in convos outside of clubs in day to day life) that in general girls are more on the defensive when they are in the 'nightclub' setting. It is far more interestng to get to know someone in an unusual or 'everyday' situation in my opinion - and my actually mean you have something in common rather than just a drunken mistake!

As with 'lads going out just to pull' again, myth. I consider myself to be a a good looking guy who is succesful with the girls. However, when I go out with the intention to pull generally I don't get what I want. When I'm more natural and just enjoying myself, I get more ladies :wink:
Original post by jam277

He's got guts. But damn, going to a club without another person must be daunting, I can understand going to a bar or a pub(can just make up the excuse of watching the footie or something :lol:), but a club.

Tell me about it! I wouldn't know how to dance alone or have the guts to even enter alone. I guess 'cuz I'm a girl it may be different (we barely go to the loos without each other on a night out :P) Serious points to him for having the guts, but I'm confused as to why anyone would ever consider it in the first place!
Reply 34
Original post by Nidhogg_Rider
Man, I haven't pulled a stranger in probably 3 or more years (I think). No idea why thing's have turned out like this but apparently it's just not possible for me to go up to someone on a dancefloor and just make out with them anymore despite having the 'intention' to pull a lot of the time. Messed up.

I don't want to end up like you. I find having the intention to pull best when you're with your mates who are all with the intention to pull(at least 3 people or more regardless of gender) people call us dicks, but it's a challenge and it makes up a good night laughing at your friends failing to pull a girl.
Reply 35
Original post by Mrx123
All the girls in my flat last year brought bk different guys weekly....lets just say the noise was unbearable......

Vile! ...but each to their own I guess.
Original post by jam277
I don't want to end up like you. I find having the intention to pull best when you're with your mates who are all with the intention to pull(at least 3 people or more regardless of gender) people call us dicks, but it's a challenge and it makes up a good night laughing at your friends failing to pull a girl.

Umm... thanks.
Reply 37
Original post by Nidhogg_Rider
Umm... thanks.

Sorry, it was a light hearted comment. Tbf it's hard when it's 3 in the morning to make a light hearted comment over the internet so that people can tell though.
Original post by MancBoy
Vile! ...but each to their own I guess.

Haters gonna hate :cool:
Seriously though, they must be ruined down there, they want to see what new dick would shaft them up next week, where do your flatmates live now? They seem interesting :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by Nizza123

Oh dear, oh dear. You have a lot to learn, having "banter" isn't enough. Only socially conditioned morons believe the "hurr durr looks mean everything" rule. You put the work in and get results, you learn how women work and get results.

I'd be willing to wager a bet with you that the 6/10 guy who has amazing inner state and projects that to girls can always beat the 9/10 guy who relies on looks and nothing more.
Reply 39
When guys try too hard to pull it never works, one of my flatmates would just go out with the intention of pulling all the time. He was okay looking, not bad looking but not really hot either. I heard him talking to his friends early on in the year about how much sex he wants to get, he broke up with his girlfriend to be able to go out and pull basically. I see him out all the time and its so tragic, he just goes up to girls and stands behind them and does the occasional grind. He's quite a decent guy when speaking to him normally, but he just looks so creepy in a club, ive never heard him come home with a girl before, ive never asked but im just pretty sure hes never pulled. But then I know another guy who is probably less good looking than him, he just has a really bubbly, friendly and talkative personality, he just jokes around with everyone when out and he never seems to actually be looking to pull, but he does!

Guys should just go out to have fun, if you see a pretty girl then there is nothing wrong with going to talk to her and tryng it on, but if you go out with the expectation of taking a girl home with you it wont happen and it will just leave you fustrated and dissapointed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending