The Student Room Group
Reply 1
if you are specifically interesting in investment banking AND want to do pstgraduate study, have a look at the following degree:

MSc International Securities, Investment and Banking
University of Reading

also, try posting in the Finance Careers forum, you would get alot of useful replies there :wink:
A degree in management gives you many choices for post-grad. I've been told that I will have the chance to do a masters in politics after I finish management. That's down to all the skills you learn with a management degree.
Reply 3
murtazahusain
I'm just wondering if anyone can help inform me as to what my options are after a I graduate from manchester in Management?

I want to go on to Investment Banking or maybe even a fund manager.

You should be able to get into IB as long as you get into a tier 1 be it in accountancy/economics/management
Octavius85
You should be able to get into IB as long as you get into a tier 1 be it in accountancy/economics/management

what about a BA Management degree from Nottingham?
Reply 5
What about a masters in Financial Services Management at Surrey? It's about management in this industry rather than accountancy.
Reply 6
The best is to start with a quantitative degree (eg. eng/math/economics) or simply a degree where you feel confortable at and END UP doing a masters/MBA in management/business. Of course I am biased because I did 2 bachelors (1x economics and 1x law) before taking a master in management. Still, with a management bachelors you can get into the top finance/economics masters as long as you are good... almost everything excluding law/medicine/engineering is available.

Keep in mind that the universities reputation is, to some extent, more important than the degree you are coursing, ie a degree in history from Cambridge is more suitable than a finance degree from X university, even for IB!!! In this regard, Nottingham has a good rep, I wouldn't be so confident about surrey. In any case, no matter what you do as an undergrad, if you are good at it, you should be able to get a good masters.
Reply 7
R.J.A
if you are specifically interesting in investment banking AND want to do pstgraduate study, have a look at the following degree:

MSc International Securities, Investment and Banking
University of Reading

also, try posting in the Finance Careers forum, you would get alot of useful replies there :wink:

would such a degree get someone into a top IBank? will it limit what sectors you can/cannot work in too?
thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending