The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Paying Accomodation

Im just wandering, can this be done through a (foreign) credit card? They had no problem charging the 400 pound prepayment through it, so I assume it should be ok..

Also, how is this done? I see no option to set up a payment plan in the accommodation account login thing, it just confirms my accommodation and gives me no options. Would i have to go physically to the accomodation office once im at manchester?

thanks
Original post by lubus
Im just wandering, can this be done through a (foreign) credit card? They had no problem charging the 400 pound prepayment through it, so I assume it should be ok..

Also, how is this done? I see no option to set up a payment plan in the accommodation account login thing, it just confirms my accommodation and gives me no options. Would i have to go physically to the accomodation office once im at manchester?

thanks

Did you not have to sort out the number of instalments to pay by? When I paid the £400 to accept the offer it then automatically took me to set up the direct debit to pay the rent I think.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
There is (somewhere) an option to pay by direct debit, but I just went to halls reception once a term to pay. They just have a standard PDQ card machine, so I would imagine that if you can use your card to buy food in Sainsburys, you can use it to pay your rent.

The first installment isn't due until about a month after you start, so you'll have plenty of time to sort it out once you get there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending