The Student Room Group

Manchester UCAS convention-are you going?

I was just wondering how many other people are going to the UCAS convention this friday (5th). This'll be the the first time I've been to one and don't really know what to expect. I don't really know anything about it so if anyone can tell me anything before I go...?
Has anyone been to one before and was it useful? We haven't been told about how many colleges are attending so it'd be good to know if you're going?
Jesscat
I was just wondering how many other people are going to the UCAS convention this friday (5th). This'll be the the first time I've been to one and don't really know what to expect. I don't really know anything about it so if anyone can tell me anything before I go...?
Has anyone been to one before and was it useful? We haven't been told about how many colleges are attending so it'd be good to know if you're going?

I went to the Manchester one at the GMEX when I was in Year 12 two years ago.

Me and 6 mates jumped on the train at Alfreton early in the morning, got to the GMEX for opening time and spent a couple of hours talking to the people at the Univ. stands, picking up prospectus', (and you will pick up alot ! and they'll mostly be the 2005/6 ones, or at the very least will stick you on the mailing list for when they come out.) and then picking up any more freebies on offer.

After which we went to MacDonalds at dinnertime, had a wander around Manchester shopping for a couple more hours, and got back on the train before the mad rush.

The convention normally gets a little more busy around 1 PM when it starts to become one-in-one-out, getting there early means you won't get crushed quite so much...

What I'd do to start with is check up on the UCAS site which Unis are doing courses that you are interested in, make a list of them, and then when you get there go straight to the stands that are relevent rather than just wandering round aimlessly.

Have fun, it's a day off school !

Latest