The Student Room Group

BBBBE with AAB requirement?

Ok first off - I know there are plenty of threads like this already, but we all have different situations and would still prefer some advice specific to us... so sorry about the seemingly repetitive question.

I am going to apply to Lancaster, who are asking for AAB (inc. general studies as an a-level)... here is what I got for my AS results:
Maths - B (A in Decisions, High B in Core 1, D in Core 2 - resiting!)
Business - B (Unit 1 - C, Unit 2 - A, Unit 3 - B. Will resit the exam for unit 1)
English Lit - B (B in coursework, B in exam)
Physics - E (dropping.)
Extended Project - B (is this the "general studies" uni's mention? or is this something else completely? If so, does it count as an AS grade?)

So, my BBBBE (or BBBE if you like) isn't exactly the AAB that Lancaster is asking for. I know I can get Business to an A (or higher), don't mean to sound cocky at ALL. I MIGHT be able to get either Maths or English Lit to an A, but I am highly unsure - it could be hit or miss. What do you guys think? Will I get an offer? Should I look somewhere else? :frown::confused:

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Reply 1
Extended project is not general studies.It depends on your predicted grades, if you are predicted AAB by your teachers then yes as long as this is realistic you might as well apply, but ensure that you also put some universities with lower entry requirements just in case you do not meet the AAB requirement.
Reply 2
I was predicted AAB in my three main subjects, got a conditional offer at places with AAA/A*AB requirements.

This was a few years ago mind you. I ended up getting A*AABC and an A in the Extended Project (which counts as an AS in terms of Ucas points)
Thanks for your replies, guys.

So an Extended Project does qualify as an AS grade? cool.

I am worried that I won't do as well in Core 3, as I am finding it really difficult in comparison to the others. So I am thinking I will most likely end up with a B in maths. I can't really tell with English as it completely depends on what the essay questions are. It really is hit or miss.

What are the chances of me still getting in with ABB rather than the required AAB? By the time I go off to Uni, I will have a maintained a part-time job of nearly 3 years (straight from work experience in year 11) - if that helps.
Thank you! Just a question - what if I end up with ABB at the end of A2, what then are my chances of getting in?
That is reassuring! So you are a student at Lancaster? I am likely going to the Open Day tomorrow! :biggrin:
wow, that's really good!

I know you must get this a lot, but how is the student life there? Are you an active/outgoing person in your opinion? Is the night-life really that bad? :confused:

And thank you, I hope I do - it is a 4.5 hours drive! :eek:
Is that something most people feel like? I have read so many mixed reviews on the night life I just don't know what to think! lol. :s-smilie:

Where are you from? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest