The Student Room Group

Pakistan Christian girl supported by Muslim leaders

Islamic leaders in Pakistan on Monday came out in support of a Christian girl with learning difficulties who is being held in prison, in an unprecedented public denunciation of the blasphemy law by hard-line mullahs.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/aug/27/pakistani-muslim-christian-girl-blasphemy
About bleedin time. Hopefully there will be safety in numbers. Didn't the last official to denounce these blasphemy laws get murdered for daring to speak out?
Reply 2
Personally I think she offended Allah and Muhammad would want her head on a plate. As Muhammad said himself, no tolerance for the kafir, little girl or not, weak and disabled or not. What's important to us brothers is the shaheeda! if she can't testify she should go to hell and as soon as the brothers can send her there! peace be upon the prophet.
Reply 3

I pray she receives justice from the soldiers of the prophet.
Reply 4
Original post by nihility
Personally I think she offended Allah and Muhammad would want her head on a plate. As Muhammad said himself, no tolerance for the kafir, little girl or not, weak and disabled or not. What's important to us brothers is the shaheeda! if she can't testify she should go to hell and as soon as the brothers can send her there! peace be upon the prophet.

lol, nutter :tongue:
Reply 5

''This is the first time in the history of Pakistan that the Muslim community and scholars have stood up for non-Muslims," :eek:

Fail
Reply 7

Can we get a ban on this nutjob? Alternatively, let the hilarity ensue.
Reply 8
They also demanded that those making false allegations be punished.

Her release in itself would be a success, but for them to be punished would be amazing and restore some of my faith in the Pak legal system.
Reply 9
"Rimsha, 11, was charged earlier this month with desecrating the Qur'an. The issue has shocked the country's Christian population. Rimsha's own community, who were living in a mixed poor Christian-Muslim enclave in Islamabad, were driven out of their homes by a rampaging crowd."

This happens all the time, allegedly someone 'offends' Islam in some sort of way i.e. Prophet is a dog written on a wall the local "Holy" man says kill them therefore they run away...
Poor girl and hopefully one day Allah will punish muslims who twist religion into culture.
Is anyone surprised by this morning's news?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/02/pakistan-mullah-blasphemy-girl-framed

The mullah at the centre of the furore surrounding a young Pakistani Christian girl facing a death sentence for blasphemy has been accused of deliberately framing her by planting burnt Islamic texts.

In an extraordinary development in the case, which has attracted international condemnation, Hafiz Mohammed Khalid Chishti arrived in court blindfolded and under tight security after being arrested late on Saturday night. The judge ruled he should be held in police custody for two weeks.

Police say two of his colleagues gave statements that he added pages from the Qu'ran to strengthen the case against Rimsha Masih, who has been in custody for two weeks after she was accused by Muslim neighbours in her Islamabad neighbourhood of burning the holy book.

Only in The Guardian would this be seen as "an extraordinary development" - for the rest of the civilized world, it's just par for the course. Can't find anything to be offended and outraged about today? Then plant stuff on a mentally disabled 11 year old.

Richard Reid the Muslim convert and would-be shoebomber and Nicky Reilly, the Muslim convert and would-be Exeter restaurant bomber both had what could politely be termed "vulnerable with learning difficulties" and were preyed upon by Islamists too.

Anyone else sick of the way this cancer is spreading?
Reply 11
Original post by digitaltoast
Is anyone surprised by this morning's news?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/02/pakistan-mullah-blasphemy-girl-framed

Only in The Guardian would this be seen as "an extraordinary development" - for the rest of the civilized world, it's just par for the course. Can't find anything to be offended and outraged about today? Then plant stuff on a mentally disabled 11 year old.

Richard Reid the Muslim convert and would-be shoebomber and Nicky Reilly, the Muslim convert and would-be Exeter restaurant bomber both had what could politely be termed "vulnerable with learning difficulties" and were preyed upon by Islamists too.

Anyone else sick of the way this cancer is spreading?

Pakistan tends to be where media focus their attention to... No offence but I'd kindly regard Pakistan as the Islam V2... the country already are acting like God... As they state who are muslims and who aren't :/

And it's kind of ironic don't you think with my above post :biggrin:
Original post by westarmy
I'd kindly regard Pakistan as the Islam V2

What does that mean?
Reply 13
Original post by + polarity -
What does that mean?

Compare Islam from Pakistan to Islam found in Morroco...

You'll see they are very different!
Original post by westarmy
Compare Islam from Pakistan to Islam found in Morroco...

You'll see they are very different!

I have found that most time Pakistanis even tho they may not practice Islam properly some of the time, tend to be more stricter in some parts of Islam then arabs.
someone needs to get badcheesecripsy in this thread.
Reply 16
Original post by IdeasForLife
I have found that most time Pakistanis even tho they may not practice Islam properly some of the time, tend to be more stricter in some parts of Islam then arabs.

That's true, but again there's a lot of hypocrisy in Pakistan culture
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending