The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1
When did you apply?

Did you get an offer?

I'm international too but I am living in London so I attended the interview. You know it's actually cheaper for us to go to the AA! I am cogitating whether to accept the AA's offer or take UCL's if they offer me.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
what does AA mean?? never heard of that!, how can u be international but be in london???.......no, i havent got an offer yet i am just cheking out the uniz that are there. i applied in october. What did u apply for?
Reply 3
S/he is referring to the Architectural Association (AA) School of Architecture, second only to the Bartlett School (UCL) in the UK.
Reply 4
many thanks pharmakos* :smile:
Reply 5
pharmakos
S/he is referring to the Architectural Association (AA) School of Architecture, second only to the Bartlett School (UCL) in the UK.

AA isn't ranked alongside UCL or any other UK institution, so we can't really say it is second to UCL or any other place. The whole way of teaching at the AA is different. Unfortunately you don't get a degree at the AA.

Also, many people think that the Bartlett is the top architecture school in the UK. Officially, it isn't, but it is in the top 10.
Reply 6
Well, Bartlett has been considered by the British architectural profession as the best architecture school in the UK (The Architects Journal survey, 2004 and 2005). In the 2004 survey the Bartlett was voted top by 21% of architectural firms surveyed, more than twice the votes of the runner-up, the Architectural Association. Also, the magazine Wallpaper* listed Bartlett among the top 10 architecture schools in the world.
Reply 7
i have read that the bartlett is in the top 10, but isnt really the no. 1 uni for architecture, as u shud take into consideration that opinions differ. So realistically speaking, in order to know which university is the best for architecture, you should speak with your teacher, as well as students or even people who are architects themselves. This way u get a wider perspective. I realised this, as i also researched the universities and i was surprised that the no. 1 uni, isnt really the no. 1 uni when u talk to people about it.
Reply 8
pharmakos
Well, Bartlett has been considered by the British architectural profession as the best architecture school in the UK (The Architects Journal survey, 2004 and 2005). In the 2004 survey the Bartlett was voted top by 21% of architectural firms surveyed, more than twice the votes of the runner-up, the Architectural Association. Also, the magazine Wallpaper* listed Bartlett among the top 10 architecture schools in the world.

Wow I didn't know that. Thanks :wink:
The AA is considered the best Architecture school in the world!
It would greatly help your arguments if they were accompanied with links, otherwise you're just posting rhetoric (i.e. persuasive speech).
pharmakos

Are you mad, the AA is the best in the world. It is better than the Bartlett.
Archo
When did you apply?

Did you get an offer?

I'm international too but I am living in London so I attended the interview. You know it's actually cheaper for us to go to the AA! I am cogitating whether to accept the AA's offer or take UCL's if they offer me.

Did you except the AA's offer?

Latest

Trending

Trending