The Student Room Group

Edexcel M1 - 23 January 2013 - Official A2 Maths

Scroll to see replies

The paper was very very difficult . The last question and vector question last part was very hard . I am very sad . I will do in June .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 141
Original post by the A* guy
What did everyone get for the very last question, I got 1.5h ??

yh I got that too!
Reply 142
I thought the paper was relatively straight forwards, only mistake I made is I forgot to add the first h the ball travelled (Duhhh) So I got 0.5h . Should still get most of the marks for that question though !
Original post by DanD123
I thought the paper was relatively straight forwards, only mistake I made is I forgot to add the first h the ball travelled (Duhhh) So I got 0.5h . Should still get most of the marks for that question though !

You should only lose one mark for not adding h on at the end.
Reply 144
Original post by JenniS
thanks!

why did someone neg me for saying thanks? paha sorry for being polite
Reply 145
Original post by ryanb97

for q

ryan

He is correct, but you can do it for any one of them because the impulse exerted on both particles is the same.

Just depends on the valves you have.
I did a stupid mistake in the last question last part.. I square rooted the final velocity and as a result i got 0.5h^2 + h as the final answer ... WOuld that be correct ???

And can anyone tell me why the new acceleration is not -9.8 ?? I thought i did a mistake (because i didnt get -9.8) ..anyway now i am a little happy
Reply 147
Original post by Eternity Flame
I did a stupid mistake in the last question last part.. I square rooted the final velocity and as a result i got 0.5h^2 + h as the final answer ... WOuld that be correct ???

And can anyone tell me why the new acceleration is not -9.8 ?? I thought i did a mistake (because i didnt get -9.8) ..anyway now i am a little happy

When you square root 7.84h you'll get 2.8 square root h not 2.8 h. Therefore when you square 2.8 square root h you'll end back at 7.84h whereas it you square 2.8 h you'll get 7.84h^2 which is what you did.
Hope it makes sense :redface:.

Can someone be nice enough to show me how to use the latex. :flutter:
Original post by Chloe_P
When you square root 7.84h you'll get 2.8 square root h not 2.8 h. Therefore when you square 2.8 square root h you'll end back at 7.84h whereas it you square 2.8 h you'll get 7.84h^2 which is what you did.
Hope it makes sense :redface:.

Can someone be nice enough to show me how to use the latex. :flutter:

Thanks. How many marks do you think i will lose for that part by doing that stupid mistake ???
Reply 149
Original post by Eternity Flame
Thanks. How many marks do you think i will lose for that part by doing that stupid mistake ???

I'd say 2 or 3... but I could be wrong.
Reply 150
Hey, anyone have mark scheme of M1 for jan 01 , jan 02 , june 01 ? where can I find it ?
I need it urgent.....
Think I'll just stick with my 70ums from last summer...M1 hates me.
anyone got the MS?
96/100. Better than the D I got last year. I AM SO HAPPY ah! I hope everyone did well!
Reply 155
84/100, decent A happy with it.
Retaking this arghh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending