The Student Room Group

Hardest to easiest A levels?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
MUSIC IS THE HARDEST (for me)

I did Music, Chemistry, Biology and Maths
I think whether or not a subject is hard is subjective. What I may find difficult, someone else may be able to fly through it. If you're picking your A Level subjects can I please stress NOT to pick something based on its level of difficulty. If you pick something that you've been convinced is easy and it turns out being something you're not at all interested in, you'll be stuck doing 2 years of work that will make you unhappy and there's nothing more stressful than doing a course that you aren't interested in.

Explore what interests you and what subjects are targeted towards your preferred future career. I'm only in my second year of A Level so I'm not all that qualified to even say which topics are the most difficult but I've chosen subjects that were the "easiest" and lacking complete interest made me unhappy, stressed, unmotivated and it impacted my other subjects causing me to drop it.

Good luck though in whatever you choose. :biggrin:
Reply 42
Further Maths
Chemistry
Physics
Maths
Original post by Northern_Ireland
I read an article not too long ago that said the 5 hardest A Levels were: Chemistry, History, Physics, Maths, Biology. In that order.

I have a mind for the humanities subjects and I find ENglsih lit waay harder than history. I don''t there is much to pick between the two subjects to be honest though.
Hardest for me is Further Maths i cant stand that!!
Easiest is Science mainly because i watch documentaries sufficiently relating to science
Science and arts students tend to have a different attitude on this tbh:

Humanities students will generally be poor at the sciences, and so say, rather dutifully: "The sciences are harder".

Sciences students will generally be rather poor at the humanities, but nevertheless say "The sciences are harder".

This is obviously a huge generalization, but this is just what I have observed from my personal experiences.
Original post by Northern_Ireland
I read an article not too long ago that said the 5 hardest A Levels were: Chemistry, History, Physics, Maths, Biology. In that order.

That's a joke.

Physics comes first...

The application in A2 is extremely difficult
Original post by Ariana Grande
Hardest for me is Further Maths i cant stand that!!
Easiest is Science mainly because i watch documentaries sufficiently relating to science

What Further Maths modules you doing?
Out of the subjects I do

Biology (hardest)
Chemistry
History
Psychology (easiest)

Quick Reply

Latest