The Student Room Group

Should men sit down to urinate?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by InnerTemple
"I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex."

Oscar Wilde :wink:

It's a pleasure to urinate standing up? I see. I see... :wink:
Original post by Electronica
Sit for both. Usually the urine comes out first, followed by the **** that requires a harder squeeze. :tongue:

You have to flush in between though or you can get piss on your arse! Unless you like that kind of thing? :biggrin:
I do it most of the time because I'm lazy
Original post by Shockley
What do men do when they need to have a widdle and a poop in one toilet trip?? Do you pee standing up then sit down for the poop, or do you sit for both???

I generally try to avoid pooing and weeing in the same trip... splash backs are bad enough when it's just toilet water. :wink:
I always stand in public toilets :tongue: Unless the urinals are all being used. Sometimes however I've them mofos that totally ignore the one space rule and stand right next to me.:colonhash:
it’s monday, you could use some motivation20.jpg
My BF has sat down to urinate all his life, he's 22.
i think half of the world sits down already, in muslim countries you will never see a man standing while urinating. it is frowned upon.
Original post by SpiggyTopes
You have to flush in between though or you can get piss on your arse! Unless you like that kind of thing? :biggrin:

Nanana, what you do is you put toilet paper in before you go, then it never splashes. :wink:
Reply 28
Considering even women wipe the seat or would use a paper toilet seat if available, I think it makes perfect sense for men to not sit down if possible.
I nearly always sit and pee unless I am in public toilets ...
Reply 30
Original post by VeniViciVidi
I do it sometimes, just for a treat.

Inbetweeners? :smile:
Nanana, what you do is you put toilet paper in before you go, then it never splashes. :wink:

:eek: Genius!

Does it still work if it comes in two or three lots?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 32
The only time I had to sit down for a piss was when I had bird flu the once.
Sit? I already struggle to avoid my penis touching the bowel while standing.... :rolleyes:
Original post by SpiggyTopes
:eek: Genius!

Does it still work if it comes in two or three lots?

Yup. Congratulations, I have just distorted your entire world view. :tongue:
Traditional germanic styles toilets are designed in such a way that men cannot stand up and pee. If one attempts to do so, it usually results in pee spraying all outside the toilet bowl.

Traditional Anglo-Saxon style toilet

Traditional Germanic style Toilet

The traditional Germanic toilet was designed to be efficient and use the least amount of water. The toilet also allowed for one to inspect their excrement for any problems. However, the one major fallback was that men could not stand and pee. Many signs in traditional Germanic style public toilets will display a similar sign to the one below indicating that men must sit down and pee (also known as the Sitzpinkel).

The traditional Anglo-Saxon style toilets are designed in a way that allows men to stand and pee and thus I think we should utilize this unique feature of our toilets and be proud of it :pierre:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 36
They shouldn't be forced to.
Yup. Congratulations, I have just distorted your entire world view. :tongue:

From this point onwards, I am a new man! :biggrin:
Original post by InnerTemple
A Taiwanese minister thinks they should - apparently it is more hygienic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-19390785

So, what do we think - surely taking a pee while standing is one of the greatest things about being a bloke? Are there any TSR males who have already adopted this practice?

I actually agree! When it comes to using public toilets you'll be soo glad to be a bloke! :biggrin:
Original post by Yung Mon£y
How else can I clean the remnants of yesterdays meal from the bowl if I don't stand and blast it away?

That's a good one there! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest