The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Party and/or Clubbing at Lancatser!

Ive heard that lancaster is a quiet and isolated area. Is this true? Is the clubbing and party life scenerey good?
Reply 1
Well there's Elements and Sugarhouse for the clubs.
Revs, Mint, Lounge, Hustle, Dalton Rooms, Oscars, Mood and possibly more for the bars.
And more pubs than you can shake a stick at (including two 'spoons)

And on campus there's a bar for each college....though some might be shutting down because they don't make any money.

Considering only 50k people live in lancaster, there's a lot to choose from. It's a similar sized nightlife to where I'm from, which is a city twice the size of lancaster.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Manitude
Well there's Elements and Sugarhouse for the clubs.
Revs, Mint, Lounge, Hustle, Dalton Rooms, Oscars, Mood and possibly more for the bars.
And more pubs than you can shake a stick at (including two 'spoons)

And on campus there's a bar for each college....though some might be shutting down because they don't make any money.

Considering only 50k people live in lancaster, there's a lot to choose from. It's a similar sized nightlife to where I'm from, which is a city twice the size of lancaster.

I doubt it'll be anywhere near as nightlife as Birmingham. But regardless i am going lancaster.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
Original post by Tish
I doubt it'll be anywhere near as nightlife as Birmingham. But regardless i am going lancaster.

No, it won't be as big, but then lancaster is about 1/20th of the size of birmingham. For its size, it does well.
Reply 4
No, it won't be as big, but then lancaster is about 1/20th of the size of birmingham. For its size, it does well.

Good :smile:

Reply 5

Btw do you have like freshers wristbands and all that jazz to get into parties?
Reply 6
Original post by Tish
Btw do you have like freshers wristbands and all that jazz to get into parties?

There was in my day, think it might be teeshirts now, depending on the college.
Reply 7
For Furness last year we had wristbands, which you needed for the whole week to go to socials and stuff.
Reply 8
Yep I looked on the sugarhouse website and you will have wristbands for your big night out at any rate.
Reply 9
Wristbands are overrated - you won't miss anything/not be let in as long as your with your freshers reps tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending