The Student Room Group

A2 - Stresses

So next year is going to be hectic -

Im studying Maths, Chemistry and English at A2 including a two retakes, however I want to take up an AS in sociology.

Is this going to be to much of a workload?
Reply 1
You can do anything you set your mind to, put in everything you've got starting from now or as soon as possible! But most importantly dont be afraid of hard work (also you know what you are capable of, dont focus on what if but i definately can!)

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Thans for the only someone with a username called inspire12 can give such an inspirational pep talk. :smile:
Should be fine but why AS Sociology??
Reply 4
I just really liked it at GCSE and now I want to do it AS Level
Original post by zakkaz

I'll be honest with you, there's no point. I think it's considered a soft subject and you'll be piling up extra stress which you don't need especially with Maths & Chemistry at A2 added with a lot of English coursework, I don't think it's a wise choice. However, if you can handle it - and if you really want to do it, try it out for a few weeks and see how you cope. If you can't cope, let it go. I'm not trying to discourage you in any way, I took Maths & Chemistry myself and it's tough! It's really not easy. Think twice before you add on another subject.
Reply 6
Original post by zakkaz

I'd probably do the subjects you need to do, and study sociology as long as your other grades are where you need them to be. You could always study AS Sociology after your exams next summer too, if you aren't going to be using it for university offers.
Reply 7
Original post by zakkaz
So next year is going to be hectic -

Im studying Maths, Chemistry and English at A2 including a two retakes, however I want to take up an AS in sociology.

Is this going to be to much of a workload?

no not necessarily I did maths, bio and chem at A2 and further maths at AS (in year one and two) and in january I did 3 resits and in june I did 1 resit
Reply 8
Unless there is a specific need for the AS sociology, I wouldn't take it tbh. You'll need to meet uni offers and that won't be included in it, and probably won't help you get an offer. You might get to the point where you just wanna forget about it and concentrate on getting the grades for uni. I personally don't see the point if the only reason is that you enjoy it- it still takes work. I would love to study politics at AS next year, but there's just no point me doing it so I won't lol.

But your choice ofc.

Quick Reply

Latest