The Student Room Group

Hi, I'm Mario! I really need some advise as soon as possible.

I have just finished my AS year and I got:

-Mathematics = C
-Chemistry = C
-Computing = D
-Biology = E

I want to go ahead and study Mathematics at University, because I want to become to a Math’s Teacher, but my grades are holding me back :frown: I was thinking of resiting first Year College again and dropping Biology and taking Phycology instead. But teachers have told me not to and continue on to second year and do resists throughout A2 which I know I won be able to do.
Also at the end of AS I finally started to get the hang of the work and how to revise properly and what is expected of me. So if I resist first year I think I can obtain a lot better grades then apply for University with my new grades instead of the ones I got this year.

I'm not too sure what to do, but I have to figure something out soon because I enroll tomorrow so any advice will be great!

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!
Reply 1
Original post by MariooSaadd
I have just finished my AS year and I got:

-Mathematics = C
-Chemistry = C
-Computing = D
-Biology = E

I want to go ahead and study Mathematics at University, because I want to become to a Math’s Teacher, but my grades are holding me back :frown: I was thinking of resiting first Year College again and dropping Biology and taking Phycology instead. But teachers have told me not to and continue on to second year and do resists throughout A2 which I know I won be able to do.
Also at the end of AS I finally started to get the hang of the work and how to revise properly and what is expected of me. So if I resist first year I think I can obtain a lot better grades then apply for University with my new grades instead of the ones I got this year.

I'm not too sure what to do, but I have to figure something out soon because I enroll tomorrow so any advice will be great!

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!

If you know for sure that you won't be able to do resits of AS modules throughout year 13, then the only other option is to resit year 12. I'm not sure about maths at uni, but some courses only accept people who have taken their A-Levels over 2 years rather than 3. (This might just be for Medicine/Dentistry though- you will have to do some research).

Anyway, good luck either way! :thumbsup:

PS.
I like your name.
Reply 2
Thanks so much for the reply, it means a lot!

I have had a look and yeah they do take students that have repeated a whole year, just as long as you get the grades your fine.
So I think I will be retaking first year and dropping Biology and taking something like Psychology instead and work hard and hope for the best!

Thanks again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest