The Student Room Group

re-marks/did a lot worse than predicted. English Lit

I've just got the breakdown of my results for English Lit (AQA GCSE) and I'm wondering whether or not to get it re-marked. I was predicted an A* but realistically expected an A and that's what I got. I'm really happy with it, but when I got the breakdown of my results it looks like i got 79/80 UMS for paper one, 49/50 UMS for my coursework and 51/70 UMS for the paper two (meant to be my best one). Do you think that it's worth getting a re-mark based on the fact that overall it's one mark off an A*, even though I'm happy with the A? The only reason I'm considering it is because of the discrepancy between the marks I got in paper one and paper two and also the difference between my prediction for paper two (A) and what I got (low B).

What would you do?
Reply 1
I've just got the breakdown of my results for English Lit (AQA GCSE) and I'm wondering whether or not to get it re-marked. I was predicted an A* but realistically expected an A and that's what I got. I'm really happy with it, but when I got the breakdown of my results it looks like i got 79/80 UMS for paper one, 49/50 UMS for my coursework and 51/70 UMS for the paper two (meant to be my best one). Do you think that it's worth getting a re-mark based on the fact that overall it's one mark off an A*, even though I'm happy with the A? The only reason I'm considering it is because of the discrepancy between the marks I got in paper one and paper two and also the difference between my prediction for paper two (A) and what I got (low B).
Reply 2
Original post by 68242

Until I read the bit in bold I was thinking there was no point, but seeing as you are so close and it could work in your favour, I personally would, but bear in mind your remark could also bring your grade down.
Reply 3
Yep
Reply 4
Original post by 68242

What would you do?

I was in exactly the same position and got a remark in my GCSE year. It didn't change, but I would've regretted not remarking.
You haven't got anything to loose and can only gain. As you are so close, I would get a remark imo :yep:

Original post by Groat
I was in exactly the same position and got a remark in my GCSE year. It didn't change, but I would've regretted not remarking.

This was like me and A level physics. Grade didn't change, but happy I got the remark :yep:
(edited 11 years ago)
Deffo worth a try, you don't want to regret it otherwise!
Best of luck :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I suppose you have nothing to lose, it's not as if you'll risk being downgraded to a B given you have done so well getting a good A.
Get the re-mark.

(side note: I think the thread title is a bit of an exaggeration. Getting 1 mark off an A* after an A* prediction is not a lot worse...)
Reply 9
at least you got an A, i got a freaking C and i was so upset wid my grade cuz i really do love and english. I feel like retaking my English Language paper
Reply 10
Thanks for the replies, I defo will :smile:

Original post by lil sister
Get the re-mark.

(side note: I think the thread title is a bit of an exaggeration. Getting 1 mark off an A* after an A* prediction is not a lot worse...)

I meant that the one paper which I got a very low B in but predicted an A was a lot worse than expected.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending