The Student Room Group

I've accepted a clearing choice but now i want to change

So i accepted a clearing choice, but now i want to change the university? Is this possible?
Youll have to request a release from the course.
Reply 2
It's not possible, once you've applied for a place on the clearing course on UCAS, and the university has formally accepted you, to apply again in clearing. You'd have to wait until the next cycle.
Original post by Hazletts
It's not possible, once you've applied for a place on the clearing course on UCAS, and the university has formally accepted you, to apply again in clearing. You'd have to wait until the next cycle.

this. You'll have to wait until next year unfortunately.
The above's not true - if you can get released from you clearing (you can call them up and just say you got a remark done and so you've met your insurance offer, or something to convince them to release you) then you'll go back into clearing and can chose another course.
Reply 5
http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/nextsteps/clearing/todo
"If the university or college accepts you, the acceptance will be displayed in the 'choices' section of Track and we will send you a letter to let you know your place is confirmed. This letter - known as a Confirmation letter - will explain whether there is anything you need to do now. Once you receive this letter, you will be pleased to know that you have officially gained a place. If you are not accepted, the 'Add Clearing choice' link in Track will be reactivated so that you can apply to another choice in Clearing.

By taking up this place, you accept the university's or college's terms and conditions, so you must read all about them in their prospectus or other published materials. You cannot apply to another university or college for the same year."
http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/nextsteps/clearing/todo
"If the university or college accepts you, the acceptance will be displayed in the 'choices' section of Track and we will send you a letter to let you know your place is confirmed. This letter - known as a Confirmation letter - will explain whether there is anything you need to do now. Once you receive this letter, you will be pleased to know that you have officially gained a place. If you are not accepted, the 'Add Clearing choice' link in Track will be reactivated so that you can apply to another choice in Clearing.

By taking up this place, you accept the university's or college's terms and conditions, so you must read all about them in their prospectus or other published materials. You cannot apply to another university or college for the same year."

Which isn't true, it's just what they want you to do. I got in to a clearing uni, but then got into my insurance. So I got my clearing to release me, was put back into clearing, and then was free to select my insurance via clearing. So essentially once release you just go back into clearing.
Reply 7
so many diffrent answers which one is right plese my friend is in this position aswell?
Reply 8
Ring the UCAS helpline.
Reply 9
Sorry to hijack, but if you accept a place in clearing and then decide you want a gap year/reapply can you 'cancel' your choice??

Not if the university agree to release you (which many will), which will put you back into Clearing for this year.
Original post by alt31
Sorry to hijack, but if you accept a place in clearing and then decide you want a gap year/reapply can you 'cancel' your choice??

Yep. :smile:

There is no obligation to go to any university (Clearing choice or not) until you actually enrol. You could simply phone up the day before you're due to enrol and tell them that you're not going after all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending