The Student Room Group

In need of some advice

Hello, I resat my AS year and from a CCEU, went up to a BBCD in Chemistry, Biology, Physics and maths respectively. I was just a few UMS marks off a B in physics and for maths, every unit was about 4 UMS off a B except for D1...which totally went wrong, no idea what happened there; going to resit that module in Jan. Admittedly, I didn't work as hard as I should have. I aim to remedy that this year though, with plans to get a Maths tutor and work hard through the year instead of last minute work, with aims to get an ABB or AAB thereabouts, if that's possible. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
Reply 1
Anyone?:redface:
Well I'd definitely suggest you get in to better terms with the Maths and Physics cause you'll be needing it for the next 4 years ha.
Study a lot, like 1 hour everyday for the now and when it gets close to exam time put all the effort you can possibly give, deactivate Facebook, Internet, social-life everything and the ABB will definitely be achievable!
Reply 3
Thanks, I intend to do so :smile:. Any advice on universities? Would my retaking the AS year be very detrimental? or just slightly?

Thanks
I don't have much xperience with the A-levels since I'm Scottish but if your predicted the ABB or AAB ,when you are applying to universities, then tbh I don't think they will completely care about the resits, since most universities consider your prediction to see whether or not you are admittable!

Good luck in adavance!
Reply 5
If all fails, you can still do a foundation year at a lot of universities.
Reply 6
Glad to hear that, Thanks for the advice guys.
Reply 7
If you resat the year and you still don't think you worked as hard as you could have, now's the time to really put the effort in as you probably wont get another chance. If you're prepared to do that, an AAB is well within your reach.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending