The Student Room Group

Piercings

Is it weird that I find piercings a total turn off? I always thought it was weird when some of my friends had their ears done when I was about 11 and I've never really changed my opinion of them. I find girls with no piercings so much more attractive.

Admittedly, I kinda have a thing about hating needles generally, so piercings make me think of how they get done which kinda freaks me out.

Come to accept ear lobe piercings as something loads of people have done so I'm used to it, just tounge, lips, nose etc I still find really unattractive.

Anyone else like this? Everyone else seems to be the opposite!
Yeah I'm with you, same with tattoos, I just find them repulsive. Nothing to do with a fear of needles though.
I also agree. I really don't like other piecings or tattoos, and I don't think that earrings make a girl look any prettier - often older, but not prettier. But then again, I think that girls look much nicer without a ton of makeup and lipstick and fakery. I think that someone who looks more...normal...is much prettier.

I can't think of a good celebrity example off the top of my head. Bonnie Wright is a sort of example. I think that she or her stylist often goes way overboard on the makeup.
Original post by President Snow
I also agree. I really don't like other piecings or tattoos, and I don't think that earrings make a girl look any prettier - often older, but not prettier. But then again, I think that girls look much nicer without a ton of makeup and lipstick and fakery. I think that someone who looks more...normal...is much prettier.

I can't think of a good celebrity example off the top of my head. Bonnie Wright is a sort of example. I think that she or her stylist often goes way overboard on the makeup.

No fakery? But you're from the Capitol... :tongue:

I'm with you OP; earrings are fine, anywhere else... Not so much.
But that's just assumed preference - I've never dated anyone who had anything other than ears pierced. If my girlfriend decided to get her lip pierced or something, I'd learn to live with it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I'm the complete opposite, I love a girl with tattoos/piercings :smile:
I have a fear of needles too. I hate the look of tattoos, and piercings anywhere but the ears freak me out. Especially tongue ones, I mean it would be so icky kissing someone with a tongue or lip piercing. Makes me shudder.

Original post by Loquacious Silence
No fakery? But you're from the Capitol... :tongue:

lol! I hadn't even though of that one when I posted!
Reply 7
It's not weird to find piercings to be a turn off. After all we all have preferences and different tastes.

I have quite a few piercings myself. I love them.
Suppose you wouldn't like my prince albert then. :frown:
Reply 9
It's not weird at all I'm completely with you on that for me Tattoos and Piercings are biggest turn offs. They leave a mark on the body for whole life it just stupid in my opinion. Ruins your body(tattoos in some cases could lead to skin cancer)

In my home town/country about 2-3 years ago if you saw someone with a tattoo it used to count that they 100% been to jail because no one would actually do that..

And the only reason most people do it is for Public stunts to be noticed or copy some famous celebrities for example Olly Sykes etc.

I moved to England quite a while ago and don't get me wrong but it really drives me mad seeing guys/boys aged from 7-19 wearing a ear piercing on one ear I mean even a 7 year old it's disgusting in my opinion I mean it's a boy not a girl, well there's parents for you and "chav style" but I've driven to a different topic now anyway.

Reply 10
I find tongue piercings extremely hot, though the connotations with them aren't so good :frown:

Bellybutton piercings are hot aswell, just not a fan of eyebrows lol
As a person with a very pierced face I can tell you with confidence that you are not alone :biggrin: Haha I have 9 piercings on my face/ears alone (although they are fairly subtle in my opinion) and I get a range of reactions from people hating what they see to absolutely loving it. I dont mind either way, if people like it then thats great, glad we share an opinion! Equally if they dont then thats also ok, as long as people arent rude or extreme then each to their own.

I will say though that often I look at unpierced people and think hmm, you'd look a lot better with a piercing here or here.. So it does work both ways :tongue:
I have a fear of needles, yet I find tattoos & piercing on some people attractive!
Personal preferences I suppose! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending