The Student Room Group

How fast is your internet?

I live in quite a rural place. I just did a speed check and it came back as 2.05 mbps download speed!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
14.2 mbps download.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
30mb download
Reply 3
It is 2.05. I did put the . in the right place !!!!!!!
My internet is pathetic, but my mum won't buy a better one. According to an internet speed test, it is 0.235 mbps download speed. I know. Pathetic.

Edit: A different test gave a 0.2 mbps download speed, but a 1.27 mbps upload speed!?!?
(edited 11 years ago)
I have 50meg which pretty much means I can download at 25+. I never get 40s. They should advertise this stuff better.
60mb download
Reply 7
It depends :redface: It has gone as low as 0.2 mbps ... which is right now :angry:
Reply 8
I've got 1.95 Mbps
on BT and I live in a residential town. :mad:
Reply 9
Original post by CJG21
My internet is pathetic, but my mum won't buy a better one. According to an internet speed test, it is 0.235 mbps download speed. I know. Pathetic.

Edit: A different test gave a 0.2 mbps download speed, but a 1.27 mbps upload speed!?!?

High 5 :frown: My mum refuses because its too 'expensive' when there are better ones which are cheaper ¬¬
Fast enough for me to not get annoyed... I mean, I can stream 1080p youtube videos without buffering and pages load almost instantly. When I'm close to the router that is hehehe
Well let's just say that my hamster could generate better speeds running on its wheel.
Original post by JordanS94
High 5 :frown: My mum refuses because its too 'expensive' when there are better ones which are cheaper ¬¬

My internet costs £5 a month, and has the lowest download limit ever, but it doesn't charge you for going over, it just blocks the use of videos and flash and anything bar text-based websites like this.

I'm currently in the process of downloading a game from the mac app store, nothing massive, and it's telling me it will be finished in over 12 days. YAY.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
0.33Mb/s, which translates to download speeds that average 60 KB/s :sigh: On a good day I can get up to 100KB/s!

Original post by JordanS94

Original post by CJG21

I feel for you guys. I really do. I managed to convince my dad to upgrade to fibre optic internet though later next month. I've never been so excited in my life.
5.93 Mbps and I don't live in a rural area, a long way off the 50Mb BT promised me.
Reply 15
fibre optic broadband
I average about 65mb, which is strange, cause we pay for 60, but I ain't complaining.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
0.93 Mbps at home with a wired connection direct to the router :mad:

11.04 Mbps at school using my 3G dongle :smile:

At home the speed is a real issue. Streaming content from BBC iPlayer etc. will only work on the lowest possible quality settings (even that is pushing it). Many of the features on our new Smart Samsung TV are useless as a result e.g. Netflix , iPlayer

Allegedly this is the best we can get due to the lack of suitable infrastructure in our area. I might get my parents to call up the companies again and see if there is anything they can do.
10 Mb/s :frown:
Reply 19
Getting 80/20 fibre in a few weeks, 60/18 estimated. Gonna be epic! On 20/2 right now, getting about 15/1.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending