The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=210065

That thread's managed it I think. Mentions 'dictator' a lot but that's not on your list.
The problem is that unless the thread has got one of those key words in it seems to, more often than not, drop like a stone.
Reply 3
hellohello12
Here's a challange, can anyone start a thread which does not have any of these words in it's title or subsequent threads. The words are:

Jew
Muslim
Immigration
BNP
Asylum Seeker
Holocaust / Holocuast Denial
racist
islamophobe
suicide bomber
Nick Griffin
race card
nazi
fascist

If anyone can do it i will give them some rep!!

Rep worth 0 points? Nice.
As bribes go...
OP:
Maybe those are things that people want to talk about?
If you don't like it you have two options:
1. Start discussions on other topics (rather than telling others too.)
2. Shut up and piss off, no-one is forcing you to visit the forum.
Reply 6
Yes, all the heated and controversial topics on race, religion and political ideals. I guess it's probably to do with age and the need for excitement - people would be less enthusiastic to discuss something like, say, the abolition of zoos or the lottery.
I have a topic: Does television mirror society, or does society mirror television? To what extent does it go either way?
The real challenge is: Post 2 random topics, possibly even using a random-number generator to determine the words in the titles, and then stray on to militant Islam or Hitler as quickly as possible; the thread that gets there in the fewest posts wins.

Race time...
SolInvincitus
I have a topic: Does television mirror society, or does society mirror television? To what extent does it go either way?
People moan about the quality of TV these days *cough* Channel 4 *cough* but the flip side of that, which I think you were hinting at, is that we get the TV we deserve. If nobody watched the Channel-4-Freakshow kind of material, it would soon disappear. The only plausible course of action is to watch More4 exclusively and let the rest of the airwaves rot in their own filth.
Reply 10
hellohello12
Here's a challange, can anyone start a thread which does not have any of these words in it's title or subsequent threads. The words are:

Jew
Muslim
Immigration
BNP
Asylum Seeker
Holocaust / Holocuast Denial
racist
islamophobe
suicide bomber
Nick Griffin
race card
nazi
fascist

If anyone can do it i will give them some rep!!

Phew! That's a toughy!!
Reply 11
You missed out 'homosexuality'.
Reply 12
Zoecb
You missed out 'homosexuality'.

And Christians being a bunch of ***ts
Reply 13
Howard
And Christians being a bunch of ***ts

Howie - the exception that proves the rule than Christians are bland. :p:
Reply 14
Lawz-
Howie - the exception that proves the rule than Christians are bland. :p:

I'm more a Spanish Inquisition style of Christian.:biggrin:
Reply 15
Howard

Ahhh to good old days ...

to be honest - I always have to remind myself you are a Christian... I always have you pegged as rather rational ... heh ...

i suppose we all have our vices - some people smoke, some drink - me I patronise...
AlphaNumeric
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=210065

That thread's managed it I think. Mentions 'dictator' a lot but that's not on your list.

I win! Now, give me my 0 rep!
Reply 17
JonathanH
OP:
Maybe those are things that people want to talk about?
If you don't like it you have two options:
1. Start discussions on other topics (rather than telling others too.)
2. Shut up and piss off, no-one is forcing you to visit the forum.

Damn right! :biggrin:
Do you have a problem with disussion being based around the fundamentals of society hh12 - who we are, how we live, what we believe?

The details which follow after we resolve those questions are interesting. But those questions are not resolved, and they rightly remain the focus of thinking students.
Reply 19
Howard

catholic?

Latest

Trending

Trending