The Student Room Group

First time i've moved to a place where i know no one by myself... i feel miserable

I've just moved away for college and i know no one here, but every one else seems to know each other from school or something like that, plus it doesn't help that i'm shy, have no idea how to 'banter' or flirt (my course is 80% guys, engineering) and i find the Glaswegian accent near impossible to understand . I need some advice cos i don't want to be a miserable loner! i was crying on my way home this evening, cos i cant see a way of making any friends here. I just really want to go back home and see all the people i know and stay there :frown: if anyone has done this before please advice me cos i'm feeling miserable already and college hasn't even started yet :frown:
Hey! I know exactly how you feel. The best thing to do is try and make some new friends all you need to do is break out of your shell and start talking to people! As time passes you will begin to feel more comfortable with your surrounding :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending