The Student Room Group

advice please having a slight breakdown regarding resitting first year

basically i am/was first year studying chemistry at loughborough, basically i forgot i was here to study i am a devout muslim but temptation got the better of me in the second semester and i screwed up was far too busy getting drunk and trying to get laid to study and got very ill(tonsillitis and other mild ailments) so i failed mostly cos i didn't turn up for some labs due to illness and also did quite badly in exams, doing resits now in special assessment period but beginning to think this was a bad call as i have my first exam tomorrow and i know even less than the first time around when i only got 30% and just wondering what you think my chances are of being accepted to do first year gain and if i do whether i will be hit by the new fee system, i know i can do better for one i've quit drinking although i have also picked up smoking as a stress relief and know i will put in a shedload more effort in.
but anyway long and short do you think i wlll be able to resit next year starting this september also anyone who has resat a year, would love to hear your experience, should i just approach my personal tutor tomorrow and ask her?
really panicking now, cant survive as a grafter on min wage when i know i can achieve more and know i do genuinely enjoy chemistry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending