The Student Room Group

Need Helpp Urgent!!!!!!

Im Doing A levels next year instead of this because am doing GCSEs because I chose BTEC options when I chose My GCSEs anyway Im doing GCSEs in Maths Psychology Physics Biology and Chemistry So When I pick my AS levels Ill be a Year Older than the people doing thier AS levels so I will have GCSEs in them and English so thats 6 GCSEs and I have my BTECs aswell in Sport ICT and Business because I chose them in school. so that meens instead of going to university ill be 19 instead of 18 is this a problem and if it is why?
Reply 1
No, there is no problem with starting university at any age. :smile:
Reply 2
Ok and are you sure I wont be at a disadvantage?
Not even slightly, lots of people get into uni a year (or more) later in their life including myself and all bar one of my housemates. Don't even worry about it.
Reply 4
I'm 19 and starting university this year, after staying at college to improve/gain more grades. I have some friends who are only just starting uni, too, and one of them is 22. Your age shouldn't be an issue at all. :smile:
Reply 5
Okayy Thankyou would only 6 GCSEs be a disadvantage though Most people who do extra year have about 10-15 GCSEs however Im gunna work my But off in A Levels Hopefully a good university to do accounting and finance :biggrin:
Original post by Gatesy123
Im Doing A levels next year instead of this because am doing GCSEs because I chose BTEC options when I chose My GCSEs anyway Im doing GCSEs in Maths Psychology Physics Biology and Chemistry So When I pick my AS levels Ill be a Year Older than the people doing thier AS levels so I will have GCSEs in them and English so thats 6 GCSEs and I have my BTECs aswell in Sport ICT and Business because I chose them in school. so that meens instead of going to university ill be 19 instead of 18 is this a problem and if it is why?

Hey :smile:

No it is not a problem at all.
Most of my friends did a 3rd year (either GCSE or a re-sit of A2) and they managed to get into good uni's, so don't worry at all.

For the time being i would suggest that you work hard for your GCSE's and aim high! As this is where it all begins :P
Goodluck!
Reply 7
Yayy Thankyou what A levels and GCSEs do youse have by the way and what use doing in university and what university use going to????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending